Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shuron Glasses

mister7

Familiar Face
Good eyeglasses ARE astronomically expensive! I think you will just have to adjust your perspective as there are no cheap glasses that are worth wearing. You only get one pair of eyes, and they are priceless. That is my perspective as a life-long eyeglass wearer.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
mister7 said:
Good eyeglasses ARE astronomically expensive! I think you will just have to adjust your perspective as there are no cheap glasses that are worth wearing. You only get one pair of eyes, and they are priceless. That is my perspective as a life-long eyeglass wearer.

In understand this...he just purchased a new pair of glasses which cost him about $700, so these would be a secondary pair, so I didn't want to go all out. I just know he loves the style and has tried on a few pair but not actually bought them.

tonypaj

Practically Family
I've got about five pairs of Miklis, most square, though, a pair of round Armanis, a pair of Shady Character NYC James Dean model, and a couple of pairs of Ray-Ban Wayfarers with prescription lenses. I tend to wear mostly the Miklis, however the Wayfarers look the coolest...

tonypaj

sixsexsix

Practically Family
ha! I meant more along the lines of these:
1950_f.gif

no cows harmed ;)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I Agree

mister7 said:

Having paid AUD1K recently for a pair of Porsche spectacles with all the trimmings I agree.:eek: :eek: :eek:

tonypaj

Practically Family
Just ordered frames from Shuron. Absolutely stunning customer service, immediate answer to my e-mail, order a piece of cake, good price... Then again, I compare things to France where the customer service begins with "non, ce n'est pas possible" every damn time...

Looking to get my Ronsin Zyls in a week or two...

tonypaj

P.S. And I don't really need glasses now, hmmm...

S

Samsa

I ordered a pair of Shuron Revelations last week, and just had lenses put in them yesterday. I haven't bought new glasses for about six years. These will be my everyday eyes, and I couldn't be happier with the look:

Photo44.jpg

Photo46.jpg

cooncatbob

Practically Family
D-Man I thought you were going to get those Harry Potter style glasses from that site you listed about 6 months ago. I got a pair and I like them a lot except I just got single vision lenses and I need bifocals when I'm on the computer or if I want to read and watch TV at the same time.
Bob.
2198236736_ef67de5279.jpg

pablocham

One of the Regulars
I wear the ronsir zyl in black and heartily recommend them for their quality. I get compliments on them all the time. Made in the USA and well put together. Allyn Scura makes a similar repro that isn't nearly as nice as the Shuron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112