Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Siclian" style newsboy and other questiuons.

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
The article about hats in Classic Style mentions a "Sicilian" style newsboy cap. I didn't know there was one. How is it different ?
And what about a Trilby ? I've seen a number of hats described as a Trilby and I thought it had to do with he angle of the crown. But then I've seen what I would consider a standard fedora shape also described as a Trilby. So what is a Trilby ?

riccardo

Practically Family
Coppola.

This kind of newsboy hat are called, in Sicily, "coppola". It was the "mafia" hat; it was used on the begin of 20 century by all the mens.
The "normal" (not rich one) wore the "coppola" the rich mens wore something like fedora.
It is a long story, but my english knowledge don't make me able to tell it to you.
If you are interested in something like "coppola" take a look here:
http://www.lacoppolastorta.com ; you could. also, make a google search with this keyword : "coppola".
I know that there are born a firm, in Palermo, were a lot of ex prisioner work to make this kind of hat: the coppola.
If you would like other informations i think we could be help by dzacca :)eusa_clap ), a member here. He speaks english very well, and he could translate something from me to the others members.lol .

Stay well.

Riccardo

riccardo

Practically Family
Fell free to ask me anything about this site, I've read some interesting thread, but I haven't seen an english version.
riccardo said:
This kind of newsboy hat are called, in Sicily, "coppola". It was the "mafia" hat; it was used on the begin of 20 century by all the mens.
The "normal" (not rich one) wore the "coppola" the rich mens wore something like fedora.
It is a long story, but my english knowledge don't make me able to tell it to you.
If you are interested in something like "coppola" take a look here:
http://www.lacoppolastorta.com ; you could. also, make a google search with this keyword : "coppola".
I know that there are born a firm, in Palermo, were a lot of ex prisioner work to make this kind of hat: the coppola.
If you would like other informations i think we could be help by dzacca :)eusa_clap ), a member here. He speaks english very well, and he could translate something from me to the others members.lol .

Stay well.

Riccardo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL