Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Side by side comparisons- Firenze vs Dexter

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
gtdean48 said:
Good luck on both of those! I just charge it & never even try for that second one....:eek: ;)

lol lol lol lol lol lol

That's pretty much my method as well GT. Just mash the pedal to the floor and go. When she finally notices the new lid, it's already two months in the house. I can deal with the consternating head shaking. I'm still sleeping in my own bed as well. So far so good.

Give 'er hell, kid!!

RJ

BlackBrim

Familiar Face
jbucklin said:
a beautiful chocolate brown Firenze. It's so dark it's almost black.

I've been considering ordering a Stetson Firenze in chocolate.
Would you say the Stetson chocolate color is a darker shade of brown than a the Stetson mink color?

jbucklin

Practically Family
I posted this on another thread, but here's a so-so picture that will give you an idea of how dark my Chocolate Brown Firenze is:

Photo94.jpg

BlackBrim

Familiar Face
jbucklin said:
I posted this on another thread, but here's a so-so picture that will give you an idea of how dark my Chocolate Brown Firenze is:
Thanks for posting the picture.Wow,the chocolate color really is almost black! Much darker looking than Stetson's mink color.
It's a great looking hat.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
gtdean48 said:
"Is that another hat in the box on the front porch?"
Oh no, that is one I sent of to be cleaned/repaired/ribbon work/etc.... :D

Ooh, that's a good one. I'll have to remember that!

jbucklin

Practically Family
BlackBrim, I tried taking another photo with more light but it still comes out looking black! I can only take pictures with my MacBook which leaves much to be desired as far as accurate reproduction goes.

Photo85.jpg

BlackBrim

Familiar Face
jbucklin said:
BlackBrim, I tried taking another photo with more light but it still comes out looking black! I can only take pictures with my MacBook which leaves much to be desired as far as accurate reproduction goes.
Hello jbucklin,
Thanks again for posting another picture.Even if the pic is not an accurate reproduction I think it still gives a sense of what the Stetson chocolate color looks like.

One Too Many
Stetson Firenze and Temple

The difference between is the brim size, the Stetson Temple brim is more large than Firenze, both are pretty hats, I like graphite color firenze and mink color temple.lol lol lol lol

OT1899

Familiar Face
Firenze

Purchased a chocolate Firenze today at the Garland outlet. The color and finish are superb! The felt seems to be a bit heavier than a Temple or Pinnacle. I can easily see how this hat will become a favorite when the temperature drops in the fall and winter! Thanks for the previous recommendations in this thread.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Congratulations! I love mine. I know it's not a "real" Stetson, but it's a great hat all the same. It's nice to know someone else in the DFW area has a Firenze. ;)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jbucklin said:
Congratulations! I love mine. I know it's not a "real" Stetson, but it's a great hat all the same. It's nice to know someone else in the DFW area has a Firenze. ;)

I bought a nice black one at the Garland Outlet a couple years ago. It is the thicker, velour finish with a slightly shorter brim than the Temple I have. The crown is slightly taller too. I haven't measured but it is obviously taller. I do love the Outlet over there. I have picked up 10-12 really nice hats from them and you are right, they are helpful, friendly, and always have time to visit a bit. Everyone that comes is going to enjoy next year's Fedorafest III trip to the factory and the Outlet is right next door.

StonebriarChristmasProgram005.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
That Firenze looks great on you Mr. Paladin. I really like it in black. What are some of the other hats you've gotten from the Hatco Outlet? You don't need to list them all---just some of your favorites.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some of my other favorites are a bark Colony, black Temple, grey Humphrey, graphite Dexter, and a mink Chatham. Also a very nice black cattleman's creased Open Road. I'm an addict.....

One Too Many
MATADOR ¡¡¡¡¡

Mr. Paladin said:
I bought a nice black one at the Garland Outlet a couple years ago. It is the thicker, velour finish with a slightly shorter brim than the Temple I have. The crown is slightly taller too. I haven't measured but it is obviously taller. I do love the Outlet over there. I have picked up 10-12 really nice hats from them and you are right, they are helpful, friendly, and always have time to visit a bit. Everyone that comes is going to enjoy next year's Fedorafest III trip to the factory and the Outlet is right next door.

StonebriarChristmasProgram005.jpg
Like We say in México when the suit looks fine: MATADOR ¡¡¡¡¡

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt