Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Signs of The Times - Astrology Thread

Which sign are you?

• Water - Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Fire - Sagittarius, Aries, Leo

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Earth - Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Air - Aquarius, Gemini, Libra

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Astrology is just a bunch of malarkey.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Oh, Harp!! lol

200pxstopsignmutcdsvgcc3.png

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I'm a Gemini, and I must say I fit the split personality thing rather well. One side of me is very practical and obsessive compulsive, almost to a fault; and the other side of me is sort of spontaneous and chaotic. And yes, those two sides are always at war with each other. (and that takes an awful lot of energy)

olive bleu

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
And do you live up to it?

I'm a Sagittarian, and though I really don't believe in this sort of hokum (numerology is really where it's at) I have to say that whenever I meet someone new, I can tell right away if they're a fellow Sagittarian. They'll start talking about different plans they're making (that usually never come to fruition - typical Sag trait) or they'll complain that it's three degrees too cold or three degrees too hot in the room, or that there really needs to be a lamp over in that corner. Sagittarians are known for kvetching because we instantly see how anything can be improved. It's the arrow we have in our hands, and thus we're always on target. In fact, I had entertained the notion of starting a magazine called The Archer which would be staffed by nothing but Sagittarians. Yes, another Sag plan that will never come to fruition.

What about you? Are you bull-headed? Poisonous? Judicious? And who are my fellow Sages here? (Hard to tell just from posts, so in a wild guess - Doc Devereux, Tony in Tarzana, and possibly NightandtheCity - Did I get at least one right?)

Regards,

Senator Jack

oh my,...that DOES explain quite a bit!!(Raises hand)

Elaina said:
Diamond, you should be having your birthday here pretty soon (so happy one). Son is split too, however I got the good boy and his Virgo dad gets the smart aleck.
Even though it's still a ways out, thanks in advance.

ScionPI2005 said:
I'm a Gemini, and I must say I fit the split personality thing rather well. One side of me is very practical and obsessive compulsive, almost to a fault; and the other side of me is sort of spontaneous and chaotic. And yes, those two sides are always at war with each other. (and that takes an awful lot of energy)
Yeah, I'm kinda the same way, but with a further twist: those I care about get a deeply passionate (whatever I am in relation to them), everybody else gets the cold, calculating, logical quasi-sociopath focused on "job done first, sweat the stepped-on toes later".

Viola said:
In Chinese astrology I'm a Rat.

Total lack of knowledge of zoology: I'm a shrew! :p
MIss Viola, didn't Shakespeare write the playbook for countering that?:p ;) lol

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
Astrological signs & personality types

Senator Jack said:
And do you live up to it?

Sagittarians are known for kvetching because we instantly see how anything can be improved. It's the arrow we have in our hands, and thus we're always on target.

I'm a Sag as well, but some of the traits you mention can also go along with certain MBTI personality types.

I'd like to see if there is any correlation between astrological signs and MBTI.

I'm an ISTP but sometimes test as an ISTJ.

http://www.astrology-online.com/sagittar.htm

http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html or http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTJ.html

Anthony

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Well, this is supposed to be a good time for me. In fact, my horoscope says that it is unlikely that so many good things would ever line up for me like this again.

Now I know it's all horse doody. lol

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Do I live up to it? Absolutely not. Every single report I've ever read that describes Aries has been utter baloney for me. I did take a quiz though about what my "true" sign really is, and got Cancer as a result, and even though maybe quizzes are thought to be "silly", I really do mesh incredibly well with almost all Cancer characteristics.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Ah, well see now, if I were a true Aries I should get all huffy and indigant about that remark, since apparently they're "quick to anger", but as it is I would laugh it off. I didn't even think about that context when I was writing my thoughts out, and I can't think of a proper way to say it otherwise. [huh]

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
Well, the sign I was actually born under was the Texaco star...

sign.jpg

...and, true to that, I do have a spotless restroom and remember to change my oil every 3000 miles. But astrologically, I'm a Gemini -- May 27. Communicative and witty, intellectual and eloquent, nervous and tense.

Nahh, doesn't sound a thing like me.

Gemini, May 24th here. Very close to yours LizzieMaine. They say Gemini's are usually at one end or the other end of the spectrum when it comes to personality/emotions - you're either very happy or very sad, they're usually isn't much middle ground, hence the twins. I really don't believe in astronomy but this is true for me.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Josephine said:
I'm a Taurus, and I can be stubborn, and slow to anger but I hold a grudge. :)

I'm an INTJ too, I'm not sure how many Tauruses/Taurusii/of us are that.

I'm a gemini and a very strong INFJ. INFJ's comprise about 1% of the world, I wonder how many of them are geminis? [huh]

There are some gemini traits that I can relate to, some that I can't. But INFJ, now that's me to a T - eerily so:

http://www.e-mbti.com/infj.php

Foofoogal

Banned
Oy Vey. :eusa_doh:

Once upon a time I believed this stuff till I read the Bible and found out how wrong it was and how it brought curses on families. I renounced it and asked the Lord to forgive me of my sins in this area.

That and I always have noticed either every palm reader lived in trash houses or had everything with for sale signs on their stuff in their yard. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic