Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silver Dollar

Eyemo

Practically Family
I have a 1922 dated Silver Dollar...Was thinking, Would I have been rich??..What could I have bought in the US in 1922 with a Silver dollar?..:D

My dad worked in construction in Alaska in the late 1940s and, according to him, silver dollars were widely circulated there. He was always getting them as change. At one point he had some $600 in silver dollars saved up. Today such a cache would be worth at least $10,000 :eek:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
thecardigankid said:
In some seedier areas you might have been able to find yourself a bed and some company to join you in that bed ;)
[bad]

:p ............

Foofoogal

Banned
Soap, Ivory, .20/3 bars
15 bars to wash after or ...

Powder, Sykes comfort, .30/tin box
3 of these tins plus change for coffee may help...lol

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eyemo, once the U.S. Federal Reserve Note collapses, you indeed will be rich! Our U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 8 - give our Congress the authority to coin Money, regulate the Value thereof... which they've abrogated for nearly one hundred years. Our paper currency is near worthless now after a century of inflation. ANY silver coin you hold will increase in value due to it's intrinsic precious metal value - despite it's face value. My advice - collect more of them! ;)

(This is NOT a political statement. This is a historical statement of fact based on the activities of a Golden Era institution established in 1913)

-dixon 'sound money' cannon

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure about 1922, but today you could get a candy bar.

Also; bread, eggs, milk, bacon and a current issue of The National Enquirer if you're good at evading security cameras. ;)

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats