Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Mine got here two days ago actually. Choco Shinki Oakland. It shipped super fast, shipped last thursday got here over the weekend. It is very very well made, I have nothing to compare it with as it is my first real leather jacket, but it is just so beautiful in real life. pictures do not do these things justice, now I understand why people obsess over it. I will start a separate thread in a few days, when it gets cool enough to wear and take some pictures, it's too hot here to wear it.

The leather is not stiff at all, it's actually perfect weight imo, the arms needs some break in but that's it.
That sounds really cool @AllanP! Look forward to seeing it! Can't you just post a teaser pic here. For those crazy types. Asking for a friend.

AllanP

Familiar Face
That sounds really cool @AllanP! Look forward to seeing it! Can't you just post a teaser pic here. For those crazy types. Asking for a friend.

No problem I just took some photos before I even read your post lol, thank your advice by the way, they really really helped because I was clueless when I first came into the forum.

Yeah so these pictures are taken without much daylight. The actual colour differs greatly with what light it is under. Under sunlight it is almost reddish brown. The also coat is definitely shiny, but there's clear grain as you can see from the sleeves photo. I will try to get some pictures when I'm outside. This is really beautiful stuff.

19732274_10154977542249833_8213617360807518410_n.jpg

19748874_10154977542309833_6766493398671114474_n.jpg

19665427_10154977541639833_1877101566517844294_n.jpg

No problem I just took some photos before I even read your post lol, thank your advice by the way, they really really helped because I was clueless when I first came into the forum.

Yeah so these pictures are taken without much daylight. The actual colour differs greatly with what light it is under. Under sunlight it is almost reddish brown. The also coat is definitely shiny, but there's clear grain as you can see from the sleeves photo. I will try to get some pictures when I'm outside. This is really beautiful stuff.

19732274_10154977542249833_8213617360807518410_n.jpg

19748874_10154977542309833_6766493398671114474_n.jpg

19665427_10154977541639833_1877101566517844294_n.jpg
Oh man!!!! Where's the love button?!? That's insanely cool!!!!!!! AWESOME jacket! Gorgeous color, crazy cool pattern. I will patiently wait for the write up. Stunning jacket man.

Asaha

Familiar Face
Got a word from them today saying Shinki is going to be 1.5month before the leather arrive.:(
After seeing @AllanP and @Thuggee jacket's my patience for waiting has gone out the window like Irish summer.

Asaha

Familiar Face
What will you do? Change hides or stick it out? If you are dead set on that Shinki I'd say hold out...
Ahh the million dollar question. Only other leather I liked from he samples is the Italian veg tanned steer hide, lil dark brown but nice graining. I have no information about that or some of the new ones called Monza and Modena. never heard of them before.

Ahh the million dollar question. Only other leather I liked from he samples is the Italian veg tanned steer hide, lil dark brown but nice graining. I have no information about that or some of the new ones called Monza and Modena. never heard of them before.
I'd wait. It sucks but they can crank out a jacket pretty darn quick (once they have the skin) from my experience.

AllanP

Familiar Face
beautiful jacket Thugge. What's the difference between what you have and the Detroit

Thuggee

Practically Family
beautiful jacket Thugge. What's the difference between what you have and the Detroit

Good question this was sold to me as a Vagabond, I had seen the Detroit on the SB website & had assumed the Vagabond was a modified Detroit now that I go & compare my jacket closely vs the photos on the SB website I can't see any obvious differences, other than the Detroit seems to come with stormcuffs, my jacket has no stormcuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Asaha

Familiar Face
So after almost 3 months of wait, the jacket is finally home. I changed the hide to my initial choice Horween cxl Havana as Shinki was delayed. And not been able to handle any heavy weight hide, my initial expression while lifting the jacket was "Ohh my ******* god":)

Now, the jacket was made superb, fit is perfect and the Havana brown is appeal much better to me. And the smell is otherworldly.
But, the big question, how the hell am I going to make it wearable? I feel like a turtle trying to squeeze it's head out of the shell when I sit wearing the jacket.
Also, is it normal to have the shoulder and sleeve joint poking too much? On the cuffs, they have canvas type material which is irritating my skin a bit too. I am wearing it inside now hoping it would relax quickly, but.:(

Anyways here's some pic of the jacket( fit pic will follow probably later)

Aby-214129.jpg
Aby-214228.jpg
Aby-214317.jpg

wish me luck..:D

So after almost 3 months of wait, the jacket is finally home. I changed the hide to my initial choice Horween cxl Havana as Shinki was delayed. And not been able to handle any heavy weight hide, my initial expression while lifting the jacket was "Ohh my ******* god":)

Now, the jacket was made superb, fit is perfect and the Havana brown is appeal much better to me. And the smell is otherworldly.
But, the big question, how the hell am I going to make it wearable? I feel like a turtle trying to squeeze it's head out of the shell when I sit wearing the jacket.
Also, is it normal to have the shoulder and sleeve joint poking too much? On the cuffs, they have canvas type material which is irritating my skin a bit too. I am wearing it inside now hoping it would relax quickly, but.:(

Anyways here's some pic of the jacket( fit pic will follow probably later)

View attachment 83074
View attachment 83073
View attachment 83075

wish me luck..:D
Man you're going to have to wear the Hell out of it. The CXL isn't looking to play nice but that's what makes it so great. If you can work up a sweat in it and just keep wearing it while working and moving around it won't take long to take your shape instead of it's own. It's definitely a process. I love that angry leather and your jacket looks delicious!
Are the cuffs lined with the same material as the hem? If so that's Kevlar not canvas...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Uhh, jacket looks great.. making it wearable? Wear it a month every day for 13 hours and you are good. Or two years every second day for 2h. Or five years wearing it one hour every few days.. it won't come over night, that's for sure. :D

AllanP

Familiar Face
I really love color of the leather, stellar looking jacket. I've never handled CXL jackets, so i have no idea how it would break in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot