Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Single or Double Breasted Suits?

Suit Type?

• Single Breasted Suit

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Double Breasted Suit

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I like and wear them both but....gun to my head....I'd go SB for their overall versatility. You can dress them up or down with more ease than a DB. And personaly I tend to run a little warm which sometimes requires me to unbutton a DB........ not the best look. :eek:

Peacoat

Bartender
Single breasted. With the double, there is just too much of it. Not bad for winter time wear, but that's the only season I would consider it.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Per my work dress code, no DBs, which takes me out of the mix. I have never actually owned a DB suit, never cared for how they look on me, even when I didn't work where I do now. I wear a 48r or 50r, and I'm kind of barrel-chested, DBs make me look like a bad guy from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons...one of the gangsterish thugs(only I don't wear a fedora)...

Boxytheboxed

New in Town
Might just be my weirdness, but I have never been a big fan of the DB suit. However, when it comes to vests, waistcoats, and overcoats I have always preferred the DB.[huh]

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Honda Enoch said:
What's the difference?

Single-breasted on the left, double-breasted on the right:

huntsmansB.png
huntsmanDB.png

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Okay, I'm on a day watch now and can think more clearly.

I'd have to say a modern suit I would choose single breasted possibly with a vest.

But vintage suits are double breasted hands down.

That speask of my colleciton of suits, all the modern ones are single, and the vintage are double (not to include Sport Coats)

There, that's my final opinion on the subject.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn