Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Single or Double Breasted Suits?

Suit Type?

• Single Breasted Suit

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Double Breasted Suit

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

AcridSaint

New in Town
I would not feel quite comfortable wearing a double every day. I also like three piece suits that show a bit of vest, so I have to pick single. That being said, I do love a nice DB as well.

Jesse

New in Town
Would I sound like an idiot if I said I just like the heck out of a fine suit?

Caveat: I think doubles are coming back
parrot.gif

Mr. Slenderhead

New in Town
Last year I had my tailors make me two dbs which I love. A little while before that I had them make me two sbs which I also love. Depends on the mood I'm in when I'm getting dressed that morning as to which one I wear.

Dan'l

Practically Family
voted for SB

I really love them both but prefer a single breasted with a weskit (waistcoat, vest :p ) If it's warm, or I am, I can take the jacket off and still have something over my shirt and tie.

Hal

Practically Family
Double breasted is very 80's to me.

The 1980s button-1 (very low buttoning at that) was not a pleasant sight.

With respect to Dan'l's comment, is there any reason why a suit with a double-breasted jacket shouldn't also have a waistcoat? It would be ideal as a winter suit. In my opinion, if wearing a winter-weight three-piece suit indoors makes one too warm, the heating is much too high.

Dan'l

Practically Family
Hal said:
The 1980s button-1 (very low buttoning at that) was not a pleasant sight.

With respect to Dan'l's comment, is there any reason why a suit with a double-breasted jacket shouldn't also have a waistcoat? It would be ideal as a winter suit. In my opinion, if wearing a winter-weight three-piece suit indoors makes one too warm, the heating is much too high.

Good point Hal, I guess I was only thinking about what I currently own. My DB suit does not have a waistcoat but I have seen several that do and they look very good. I'm a big fan of three piece suits and all of the ones I own, or have owned were SB. Hmm, now you've got me thinking... Perhaps it's time for a three piece DB, winter is coming after all.

Cheers
Dan'l

mhollis44

Familiar Face
I would have to go with the SB. I agree that when you're my size (48L) a DB just makes you look a bit "boxy" up top. I am, however, envious of those who can pull it off as I love the look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic