Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SJC buckle back jeans

It looks like our friend Simon is doing a sale on his 30's style buckle back jeans!

http://www.simonjamescathcart.com/jeans/breakman-waist-overalls-cinch-back-jeans

Perfect rise for those shorter vintage jackets ;)

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't believe this. I've been lusting after those very jeans but felt they were a bit out of the old price range. So, this very week I bought two pairs of Gustins for more than these would have cost me. (Not allowed to curse here.) Does anyone know what Gustin's policy is on cancellations?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
They look great, I think I'm going to grab these. The other ones are a little out of my price range, but these are cheap, especially considering the excellent quality SJC is quickly becoming known for.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Damn so good! So order your inseam as you want it post soak? Eg 32L will actually come shipped at approx 34"?

And anyone know the Simons shipping rates?

Edward

Bartender
I don't know exactly what he's doing with shipping.... I think it's £19 global. Comes up when you orer - couple of steps in, but you'll see the price before you send the order for procesing.

Size-wise, the deal seems to be order what you want it to end up. As delivered, waists are 2" over the labelled figure; Simon's said they should shrink by 1" (one inch). Should be the same on the leg. Obviously, though, leg length doesn't matter, because everybody orders 'em at 36" and cuffs..... right?? ;)

avsmusic1

Familiar Face
I can't believe this. I've been lusting after those very jeans but felt they were a bit out of the old price range. So, this very week I bought two pairs of Gustins for more than these would have cost me. (Not allowed to curse here.) Does anyone know what Gustin's policy is on cancellations?

If it isn't fully funded yet you can cancel w/out issue. Otherwise, you're locked in. It's worth noting that, after comparing the measurements, these will definitely fit much different from anything you ordered w/ Gustin - especially in the cuff.

patina

New in Town
Hi,

My order came a few weeks ago. 1930's style with 10" cuffs. After soaking, it should should shrink a little.

- Patrick

The good news is that if you have a leather jacket that people tell you is too short, you can get this and it magically grows your jacket!
At this price, I think I'm in. Been wanting something like this for years, and the price certainly is most excellent.

So, has anyone tried any of the SJC jeans yet? I see this:

Cut from 15oz raw denim means they'll shrink to fit. 2cm (1") in the waist and 4cm (2") in the leg. But fret not. This has been factored in so order your true finished size. Mmm raw. With raw you get the desirable twists and ropes. Threads bite into the seams as the denim beds down. It ages and forms around better and gives you the best fades.

I'd like to be sure that the compensation for the shrinkage is correct. I've not yet plunged into Raw denim. It scares me :lol:

Edward

Bartender
If it isn't fully funded yet you can cancel w/out issue. Otherwise, you're locked in. It's worth noting that, after comparing the measurements, these will definitely fit much different from anything you ordered w/ Gustin - especially in the cuff.

Undoubtedly. The Gustins sound great quality - their denim looks lovely - but I've never been tempted by them as they're a very modern low waist / narrow leg style to my eye. There's obviously a big market for that sort of thing in the denim crowd, just not my bag. The SJCs are as good a vintage design as any of the Japanese makers, though more competitively priced. At full price they're a significant saving against the Japanese brands, but at this offer price it's a no-brainer.

The good news is that if you have a leather jacket that people tell you is too short, you can get this and it magically grows your jacket!
At this price, I think I'm in. Been wanting something like this for years, and the price certainly is most excellent.

Ah, if only they'd been available last year.... ;)

Cut from 15oz raw denim means they'll shrink to fit. 2cm (1") in the waist and 4cm (2") in the leg. But fret not. This has been factored in so order your true finished size. Mmm raw. With raw you get the desirable twists and ropes. Threads bite into the seams as the denim beds down. It ages and forms around better and gives you the best fades.

I'd like to be sure that the compensation for the shrinkage is correct. I've not yet plunged into Raw denim. It scares me :lol:

Drop Simon a line if you've any queries about it - he's been wearing his own product for quite a while and based these stats in part on his own testing, I believe.

avsmusic1

Familiar Face
Undoubtedly. The Gustins sound great quality - their denim looks lovely - but I've never been tempted by them as they're a very modern low waist / narrow leg style to my eye. There's obviously a big market for that sort of thing in the denim crowd, just not my bag. The SJCs are as good a vintage design as any of the Japanese makers, though more competitively priced. At full price they're a significant saving against the Japanese brands, but at this offer price it's a no-brainer.

I agree, these SJC's are an exceptional value.
I don't find the rise on the G straight fit unreasonable but could certainly understand it not working for everyone. I would roll the dice on these SJCs but can't get over the cuff - just my personal taste.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
You don't have to have a cuff. Just tell them the length you want, with or without cuff.

Sloan has a pair!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy