Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snatching my hat from the clutches of death!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
The wind was howling... My hand slipped... And before I knew it, my beautiful minty Whippet is swept up by the wind, swirling through the air, and landing in the middle of a main road. I rush to get it; thankfully there are no cars for several hundred yards. Then the wind blows yet again, pushing the hat further from my grasp, rolling down the left hand turn lane to the intersection of two major roads... It continues to roll; my most precious of my hats, rolling, rolling, rolling, to oblivion... The cars are getting closer, and closer... The wind subsides for just long enough for me to jump, and crush it under my hands, just mere feet from dozens of crossing automobiles. I take it in my grasp, not knowing, or caring if there are vehicles coming. Safe in my hands, I sprint back to the parking lot, just as the cars come down the road, where the Whippet lay just seconds before. As the adrenaline subsides, I walk back to the restaurant, my intended destination. I enter, newly recovered Whippet in hand, as several other patrons stare at me blankly. One man stops me and says, "Nice job. We were rooting for you." Sir, if you're out there, and ever stumble across this note, I'd like to thank you for the support.

That was a scary and tense experience. The moral of the story: When you are holding the door for someone, make sure you never accidently relax your grip on your hat... Or who knows what may happen.

Cheers from windy MI,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran