Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snot Rags?

[B][I]Do you use a "Snot Rag" ?, and what's it’s primary usage? [/I][/B]

• As a Lady I have; "dropped my hanky", to get a man's attention!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlindeMan

Familiar Face
Right front pocket: Wallet & Money Clip
Left fron pocket: chapstick, hankerchief and pocket knife.

I've noticed a trend in this thread: lots of Loungers seem to have a routine pocket inventory. Maybe we need a new thread: "What's in your pockets?"

Hmmm... maybe not.

Subvet642

A-List Customer
Tomasso said:
Vintage Irish linen for me.:)

Shoes407.jpg

For decades my father would visit his ancestral home in Ireland on an annual basis and would stock up on all things linen; Suits, shirts, handkerchiefs, bedding, tableware, etc... After he passed I found over two hundred unused hankies packed away in a drawer. I've barely made a dent in the cache (maybe two dozen) so it looks like my estate will contain some vintage hankies.

As scotrace said, they're good for the occasional suprise, but I will also offer a fresh one to anyone in need, so I'll often carry 2.

Tomasso, if you ever decide that you can part with a few of those...:whistling

Lou

One of the Regulars
When I lived in Tokyo, I was charmed by their ubiquitous use of handkerchiefs. Public restrooms there usually don't have paper towels, so handkerchiefs are a must. They also dry many a brow during the muggy summer months. Handkerchiefs there are usually designer brands with nice patterns and are sold everywhere. The Japanese most certainly don't blow their noses into their handkerchiefs (I was asked a few times "why do American men do that?"). They carry tissue packets for that. Tissue packets with advertising on them are forever being handed out on Tokyo streets, so it's easy to keep some on hand.

For the ladies, there are also, as Pablo Neruda calls them, handkerchiefs of goodbye.

The Morning is Full
by Pablo Neruda

In the heart of summer
the morning is full of storms.

Clouds travel like white handkerchiefs of goodbye:
The wind with travelling hands is waving them.

Wind with incalculable heart
throbbing above our amorous silence.

Humming among the trees, orchestral, divine,
like a tongue full of songs and war.

Wind which lifts the dead leaves with swift heist
and deflects the birds, pulsating arrows.

Wind like a wave, cascading without spray,
a substance with no weight, a slant fire.

Her voluminous kisses break and submerge
and grapple at the gate of the summer’s wind.

Randy

Familiar Face
I wouldn't be caught dead without one. Mine are plain white, as my fathers was, and my grandfather's before him ;) Bottom line - they are dead useful. I carry mine in my back pocket along with my comb, opposite my wallet (other rear pocket) and money clip (front pocket).

- Randy

Randy

Familiar Face
I have mostly linen handkerchiefs, but a few cotton as well (probably about 20 in total) - I carry two at all times, one for my own use and a clean one for my wife in case she might need it.

- Randy

Str8Jacket

New in Town
Ms. Lynn,
have you considered mens silk pocket squares? They come in many different colours both solid and with patterns, I use them for adding a little decoration to my suit jackets which was one of their 2 original functions. The other was for the use of the lady on your arm. They are pretty without being overly feminine, and silk adds a bit of class and a flash of delicate color to the lady it has been given to. I find mine on ebay or amazon both NIB. If you are concerned about the delicacy of lace, this might be a perfect alternative.

filfoster

One Too Many
Yes, they are very debonair, and look miles better than disintegrating used tissues but actually using a germ vault like that is just not in me. On the other hand, it's fun to wear one with the business suit occasionally to tick coworkers off. Nothing says "I don't really work" like a pocket hankie in my place of business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ