Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So Caler's- Schaeffer's Garment Hotel?

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
My girlfriend was walking around Hollywood and walked by this place. I've never heard of it, but she sent me photos and my interest is definitely piqued. Any SoCal Loungers know anything about this place?

http://www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com/

It seems to have a hat section with blocking/sizing/restoration services run by a Mr Gunner Foxx.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Wow. The place looks amazing, but prices sound pretty high.

from the blog:

"We raffled away a custom made beaver felt hat at the store party, which is worth over $1000 to one lucky person."

(I don't know if this is the hat, I was just skimming and liked the photo. The triple bow reminds me of Tonyb's hats, but the work shown here looks pretty rough.)

dsc0070.jpg

dsc0556.jpg

dsc0621.jpg

dsc06591.jpg

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
.... wow. I didn't see the price. I believe the most polite way to put it is "holy crap". lol

They're definitely catering to the vintage crowd; I noticed one of the hat services they offer is aging & distressing. I'm guessing at twice the price of Optimo though we won't get a lot of Lounger feedback.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Gunner Foxx?

Out here on the Left Coast there seems to be a shortage of classic hat makers. Has anyone ever done business with Gunner Foxx? He seems to do a lot of business with the film industry but has now opened to the public. I think he's as close as anyone to me.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
He's got an interesting website though it's not very informative as to just EXACTLY what he has to offer hat wise. It's nice and California style, lot's of flash. Looks like it is a custom only establishment and he must be pretty good or he would not have been able to work on some of the films he looks to have worked on. Someone here needs to order a hat from him and let us know how it is :)
http://www.wix.com/gunnerfoxx13/gunner-for-schaeffer#!

HatsEnough

Banned
If the slide show in the "hats" section is really the hats he's made, it looks like he offers fedoras and all manner of hats both regular and novelty. Steampunk, pseudo Militaria/Nazi, leather, cowboy, women's 40s era stuff, fedoras with faux bullet holes in them, etc., etc.

Cra

New in Town
I had the pleasure of meeting Gunner at the beginning of the year. I had my first custom hat made in January and to date I have a total of 9 Foxx hats. His expertise, imagination and passion for hat making is the best. He creates every piece with such skill. I am hooked. I have sent a number of friends to him and all have ended up with custom hats. I would leave the decision to him to create your custom hat. Every hat is of the highest quality and come with a lifetime guarantee. I have seen some of his studio creations. I have seen hats for nancy Wilson, Tom cruise and I even sent Jason mraz over to him and he just sent me a pic of his new hat. Amazing work. One thing that I should mention...guneer treats everyone as equals so even if you are not a celebrity he treats you like one. He has a bunch of new hats at the shop and you should go in and see them first hand.

If you are interested in seeing some pictures tell me how I can upload photos

He's got an interesting website though it's not very informative as to just EXACTLY what he has to offer hat wise. It's nice and California style, lot's of flash. Looks like it is a custom only establishment and he must be pretty good or he would not have been able to work on some of the films he looks to have worked on. Someone here needs to order a hat from him and let us know how it is :)
http://www.wix.com/gunnerfoxx13/gunner-for-schaeffer#!

Last edited:

Cra

New in Town
I own 9 hats. He is by far the best. I got rid of all other hats after I got my first one made. I'm hooked you will be too

Out here on the Left Coast there seems to be a shortage of classic hat makers. Has anyone ever done business with Gunner Foxx? He seems to do a lot of business with the film industry but has now opened to the public. I think he's as close as anyone to me.

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
I like the bullet holes.:D:D:D At those prices, I don't think I'll be buying any from the Master Hatter.

Cliff

Last edited:

Cra

New in Town
I've had 9 hats made a few are distressed. Price is high but you only need a few and they will b the only ones you will ever wear. Robert Schaeffer owns the shop. Talk to him and he can give you a quote. The price I've paid ranges from 350 to 1300. In my humble opinion what I received was worth the money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner