Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So, okay...why not?

Edward

Bartender
Not a hat I'd choose for daywear myself (rhough I appreciate its design significance), but certainly, if it helps to normalise hat-wearing more generally, I'm all for it. Pricey..... I could have a Federation Deluxe for that sort of money! But hey....

I like the open crown one he wears a good amount of the time on The Voice, except for the partial brim binding.
Don't get that at all but I'm not that hip to begin with.
The crown & flat brim gives off a Billy Jack/Native American vibe. The band & binding have a Johnny Depp/Vagabond aura I guess.
JMHO...

The man has so really nice hats. As gtdean said, he wears some good ones on The Voice.
Hopefully he is helping the younger generation with a hat comeback.

Well, if you noticed Sawyer Fredericks this week, (the 15 year old kid with the low open crown lid) he obviously mentioned his approval of Pherrel's hat of the week when they first met onstage, following the audition. Pherrel acknowledged the shared interest, and hats became the focus for a very brief moment, with Christina putting Pherrel's hat on. A great hat moment!

hatflick1

Practically Family
SOme Lounger should contact Pherrel and remind him of the Hoss
Cartwright hat or the Akubra Sombrero style...both open crown. I
could picture him wearing either one.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I like the open crown one he wears a good amount of the time on The Voice, except for the partial brim binding.
Don't get that at all but I'm not that hip to begin with.
The crown & flat brim gives off a Billy Jack/Native American vibe. The band & binding have a Johnny Depp/Vagabond aura I guess.
JMHO...

I like the little ornaments he has on his voice hat, and the flat brim looks fine. Binding not so much

Edward

Bartender
Debatable in theory, though while the Peruvians were her inspiration, this hat from the Buffalo Gals collection has a very specific design to it; the shaping is moulded and deliberate, not random - there's enough to it to stand it out as unique as would qualify for protection. Mind you, now I think it through properly, I realise it's probably too old (Buffalo Gals was, what, 82/83?) for a design right protection. The only thing she could have them for now would be trademark, if they were trying to pass it off as a Westwood piece, which they clearly avoid. Be interestin,g though, if Pharrell went after them for false endorsement, but I don't think either ad goes quite far enough for that. He could only have them for infringement of TM if he has his own name appropriately protected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24