Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

...Here in the UK, the far bigger problem is family members who abuse one that is genuinely needed by a relative. That, and the idiots (whether they need it or not) who think that it is a licence to park anywhere they please, whether safe or no...
These parking placards offer a few advantages to people with mobility issues, but they aren't the "all access" pass that some people think they are.

I don't know how it works anywhere else, but here in California if someone abuses the use of a Disabled Parking placard it will be revoked and the person to whom it was issued will never receive another one; not legitimately, anyway. To me it seems foolish to risk that just because Cousin Shiftless doesn't feel like walking an extra 100 feet.

I sometimes take up 2 spots in a parking lot. But when I do, it is at the back of a LARGE parking lot.
I don't particularly care if someone does this in an unoccupied or sparsely occupied section of a parking lot. I don't really see the need to do it if so many parking spaces are available, but I don't really care one way or another.

And sometimes it's necessary. The people who design the parking lot layouts here in southern California love to squeeze the parking space lines together as close as they're allowed by local regulations just so they can fit a few extra cars on the lot. That's fine if you're driving a golf cart, but I've lost count of the number of times I've found an empty parking space that was so narrow that I could park my 3/4 ton pickup truck between the lines, but would have to exit and enter through the sunroof because there wouldn't be enough room to open the doors with cars parked on either side. o_O

And sometimes it's necessary. The people who design the parking lot layouts here in southern California love to squeeze the parking space lines together as close as they're allowed by local regulations just so they can fit a few extra cars on the lot. That's fine if you're driving a golf cart, but I've lost count of the number of times I've found an empty parking space that was so narrow that I could park my 3/4 ton pickup truck between the lines, but would have to exit and enter through the sunroof because there wouldn't be enough room to open the doors with cars parked on either side. o_O

I recall having to exit my full-size '80-something Ford van via its rear cargo doors when I parked it in a municipal garage many years back. The cars on either side were parked within the lines, as was my van.

I recall having to exit my full-size '80-something Ford van via its rear cargo doors when I parked it in a municipal garage many years back. The cars on either side were parked within the lines, as was my van.
About a year or so after we got my truck my wife and I returned from some casual shopping at a local mall to find the people who parked on either side of us had parked so close (I was within the lines, they weren't) that I couldn't even squeeze between the vehicles to reach the door, let alone open it enough for me to get in. Fortunately, there's a way to roll the windows down using the buttons on the key, so I was able to do that, access the windows using the truck bed, and climb in the open window on the driver's door. It was very much like the video 3fingers posted in post #7747. If not for that, who knows how long we would have had to wait for one of those idiot drivers to return. :mad:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I sometimes take up 2 spots in a parking lot. But when I do, it is at the back of a LARGE parking lot.
There was, a while back, a feature in our press of mindless car-parkers. One fellow readily admitted that he doesn't want his car scratched so he always takes up two parking lots deliberately.
moron.jpg

People are now taking to social media in an attempt to show & shame.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/25889...cross-two-bays-to-protect-their-beloved-cars/

About a year or so after we got my truck my wife and I returned from some casual shopping at a local mall to find the people who parked on either side of us had parked so close (I was within the lines, they weren't) that I couldn't even squeeze between the vehicles to reach the door, let alone open it enough for me to get in. Fortunately, there's a way to roll the windows down using the buttons on the key, so I was able to do that, access the windows using the truck bed, and climb in the open window on the driver's door. It was very much like the video 3fingers posted in post #7747. If not for that, who knows how long we would have had to wait for one of those idiot drivers to return. :mad:

As I recall, it would have been possible to exit my properly parked (within the lines) van via the driver's or passenger's doors, but it would have involved risking damage to either of the properly parked cars on either side. Not to mention wiping dirt from those vehicles onto myself as I squeezed through.

As I recall, it would have been possible to exit my properly parked (within the lines) van via the driver's or passenger's doors, but it would have involved risking damage to either of the properly parked cars on either side. Not to mention wiping dirt from those vehicles onto myself as I squeezed through.
Perhaps we should all drive convertibles with the top always down. Problem solved. [emoji14]

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
In the days when hands signals were more common when driving.

I knew a girl who would stick out her hand make a signal and then
would wave her hand and make another different signal.

“What are you doing?”, I asked her.

She replied,
"I've change my mind and as a courtesy, I'm letting them know my new signal.”
smack.gif

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Worse.
When drivers feel obligated to share their “music" with you by playing it very loud on the road.
This prompted a reminisce from living in London. Here's the scene, a neighbour has had some friends round, they have all imbibed of the grape or grain, now one couple are leaving. It's two am.
They can't just say their goodbyes, they have to shout them, then there's the slamming of car doors, then there's a recheck on the car door because it might not have closed correctly, more slamming of car doors. Now the windows are wound down and yet more goodbyes, then, at two am, the neighbourhood is treated to la cucaracha played on air horns.
(cut to one minute thirty seconds of the video.)

Uber drivers and their passengers who stop in traffic lanes to load or unload, in complete disregard of the rules of the road and all those other road users who are inconvenienced by this piggish behavior.

Last edited:

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
People who insist on opening the packaging on products at the store despite the package being a) clear b) containing the exact dimensions of the product and c) and a complete description of the contents and the materials they are made of listed prominently on said package.

People who insist on opening the packaging on products at the store despite the package being a) clear b) containing the exact dimensions of the product and c) and a complete description of the contents and the materials they are made of listed prominently on said package.

Packaging that can't be opened without scissors or a knife and even with them it's very difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff