Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It used to be pretty common as a low-cal snack for dieters -- "Ry-Krisp" was the most popular brand.

efaeb57d40551ddcdc319f0e930bb4f3.jpg

3fingers

One Too Many
There is a restaurant close by here that brings a basket of assorted crackers out with the salads. Ry-Krisp is one that's in there along with bread sticks, melba toast, and some version of the old Waverly Wafers.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Why must Halloween candy go on sale three days into August? Is it really that necessary to beat the candy-corn rush?
You don't have a monopoly on the buy now in case you miss out concept. Schools in our country normally take a six to seven week long, summer recess. Back to school ephemera is on sale long before the schools have actually broken up for summer.
Similarly, we have a tradition colloquially known as bonfire night, November 5th is the date that commemorates the same date in 1605 when conspirators attempted to blow up Parliament. Fireworks are on sale long before the due date. And just to get us in the mood for a pre-Christmas spend lust, we have imported Halloween, much of that tat is in the shops months in advance, even though most British kids haven't a clue what trick or treat is all about. The Boys aren't going to let that get in the way of making parents part with their hard earned cash. And then we have Christmas.............................enough said.

Because the Christmas candy is in the pipeline already I suppose. I was told this week that the evil empire is beginning to prepare for the changeover from garden center to Christmas village. Bah humbug to them.

Look on the upside!

We’ve all noticed that outdoor stuff — patio furniture, gardening supplies and equipment, etc. — reliably gets marked down right after the Fourth of July. Buy on the Third and you’re paying well more than you would a couple days later. (It’s still very much summer here, by the way, a full month removed from Independence Day, and it will be for at least another six weeks or more. Ninety-some degrees today and the forecast calls for the same through the foreseeable.)

Buy candles early in January, if you’re good with green and red.

That's another thing, that interests me. How thing Americans about "toasting-bread"?

You know, "Toastbrot" was huge in the german 90s, but today, nearly know one knows why, because the most Germans don't like the special taste of the regular model, as far as I can see.

golden-toast-produkt-butter-toast-packshot.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, I want to see an average todays smartphone-kid, when it would suddenly have to install the Linux-driver for the Brother laser printer the needed manuel way, in the X(ubuntu) terminal.

I mean, Brother gives you the manual how to do it and the driver-installation-tool runs the installation itself automatically, but you just have to operate the whole process in the old fashioned command-system and of course you have to concentrate and watch exactly, what you are doing, like in the old days. :)
I imagine kids sitting before that and feel if they have to handle an antique office machine. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner