Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

My loungers, how often do you replace your toilet brush?

I always thought, it would depend on how much persons are in the household and how they treat it. I'm 1-person house.
The brush is still the very first, now twelve years old, doesn't look that bad and still does the job. Any real reason to replace??

The Marketing Boys??

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I'll bet Tina tailored that shirt lucky guy.:);)
Indeed she did, but she wasn't impressed when I joked that it was a plane shirt.
^^^^^^
Are you telling us you don’t have staff to tend to such matters?

Over here in the free-market West, even welfare recipients have domestic help, who themselves have domestic help.
It's a crap job but someone has to do it.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
My loungers, how often do you replace your toilet brush?

I always thought, it would depend on how much persons are in the household and how they treat it. I'm 1-person house.
The brush is still the very first, now twelve years old, doesn't look that bad and still does the job. Any real reason to replace??

The Marketing Boys??
You're supposed to replace them?! The only time I've ever replaced mine is if it breaks.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Middle of Germany.
But it's always kind of funny, when I'm visiting big city and see social reality.

Many years ago in Munich I met this girl, gorgeous blonde, we were both
teenagers, her father was American, had fought in the OSS, stayed in Germany,
married a local girl, and his daughter I immediately fell for. She knocked my
socks off. And she slipped away. :(

But, I met the most fascinating man through military contact. A middle aged
German veteran, an ex-commando who escaped the Soviets in Yugoslavia
when the Second World War ended; joined the French Foreign Legion, went to
Indochina, later hooked up with the Americans and spent a career with the
CIA. When we met he was retired. Fascinating gentleman.

So it seems that "bruh" has replaced "bro" in urban vernacular? How does that work? Has there been an inordinate influx of Germans recently?
I couldn't tell you, because "bruh" and "bro" are slang I've chosen not to use for the same reason I've never used "groovy" unless I was being facetious--they're all words that make the user sound stupid, and I don't need any help in that department.
...I once had an apartment in Munich. :)
Sounds like the first line of a limerick: "There was an apartment in Munich, whose owner always wore a tunic...."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner