Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: Akubra Deluxe Fed IV, Sz 7-3/8" (59) Dark Brown, price adjusted

sulla

One of the Regulars
Akubra Deluxe Fed IV, Size 7-3/8" (59) Dark Brown

OOPS! put the wrong price on there. Dropped to $100, see details below.

Owned it about 2 years, rarely worn, kept in hat box (will ship in original hatsdirect.com hat shipping box). Great condition, clean leather band and lining. Felt smooth and well taken care of. Non smoking home. Only been bashed once.

SOLD!

hat1.jpg

hat2.jpg

hat3.jpg

fed6.jpg

fed5.jpg

fed4.jpg

fed1.jpg

fed3.jpg

fed7.jpg

Last edited:

James71

A-List Customer
Ill endorse this hat. Ive got one exactly the same, (even the same size) and I love it. The heritage grade felt is a great improvement on the imperial and the band is much higher quality.

If I didnt already have one, and didnt live in the only town in the world where they are available, I would be on it.

sulla

One of the Regulars
:) Thanks James! I love these hats too, but I have a Fed IV moonstone with a teardrop bash; and, while I could re-bash this hat I don't really think it's my color. And I need some $ for something that just came up.

James71

A-List Customer
It was my first brown hat, and my first non-bound brim.

I initially bashed it with a simple indy style centre dent, but I felt that it was a bit high. Ive noted that we Aussies tend to avoid really high crowns. Whenever Ive had a high crown people comment that it looks too high... I re-bashed it with a substantial teardrop and was amazed at how well the felt took the reworking with no sign of the previous crease. A few weeks later I even adjusted it again and once again it took it in its stride. Im very impressed with the felt.

Heres mine in action as an example of a different bash on it with less height:-

26506dc0.jpg

3e618943.jpg

P.S. my apologies for highjacking the thread and turning it into yet another discussion on feds!

sulla

One of the Regulars
No worries, I like your lid It looks great on you. And I am happy for the traffic, highjack or no. Here's my Fed IV Moonstone right after I got it last December. I'm about ready to put away my Panama's and get my Moonstone out again.

There are more shots here on the new hat thread from back then. There's also another shot of the Brown Fed Deluxe in the linked post.

DSCN2842a.jpg

Last edited:

Saint-Just

One of the Regulars
My Fed IV imperial is 59 and fits me now but I believe I read here that the Heritage doesn't shrink as much, and being a 58 that is what I should take. Can you comment James? because I need a brown Fed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner