Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** SOLD **Mallory Diplomat Homburg 7-3/8

TPD166

One Too Many
Mallory Diplomat Homburg – black, size 7-3/8. Approximate 2+” ribbon bound brim (not including curl) and 5.25” crown, as bashed. Excellent condition, and very soft and comfortable hat. Lining has age spots, as shown (that’s the only flaw I can find). Paper “DIPLOMAT” tag in the front, cloth Mallory size tag in the rear. The brown leather sweat band is soft and marked “George’s Dad and Son Shop, 3335 Connecticut Street, Washington, D.C.” on one side, and has the initials “GMG” on the other. The GMG initials are for Sen. Guy M. Gillette (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Gillette), who served in the U.S. Senate in the 1930s to 1950s (I purchased two of his hats, apparently bought originally from his widow’s estate, and the other has his full name on the sweatband). An absolutely beautiful hat, and have hesitated selling it, but have decided keep one and let the other one go (plus, how many Homburg’s can you wear?). Asking $100 shipped in the U.S. – please PM or email me with questions (tpd_166@yahoo.com). After a few days, it will head for ebay.

Mallory_1.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore