Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD....Stetson in medium Gray, needs a friend: Size 7 1/4

Pilgrim

One Too Many
This Stetson has been sitting in my spare room for months, and I haven't taken the time to do anything with it. The felt is in good shape, but it has been worn a lot and needs some attention. It's an old campaigner that has been worn and loved, but it's good for one more owner and one more relationship. It would make a great knocking-around hat, one that you can wear for casual events and outdoors use.

The biggest issue is that the hat has taken a set with the bash you see - and there's a hint of fading along the front bash lines. But there are no breaks or damage, and with time and re-shaping you should be able to get a better bash in it and work with it.

When the bash is taken out, the hat looks a bit "lumpy", because it really needs a thorough steaming. The best thing for it would be to have it re-blocked, as that would solve its shape issues. It needs a thorough brushing, and if you have some naphtha handy, it's a perfect candidate for a dunking.

The lining is long gone, but the sweatband is still sound, although it needs to be re-stitched on its vertical seam in back. It is imprinted "Stetson 3X Beaver".

The brim is 2 3/8" wide, crown is 4 3/4 tall, and the ribbon is 3/4" wide. The brim edge is stitched.

I'd like $25 plus shipping for this hat.

P5030138.jpg

P5030139.jpg

P5030140.jpg

P5030141.jpg

P5030142.jpg

Pilgrim

One Too Many
My circumference measurement didn't work very well - I tried the hat on (first time in a while) and it's pretty snug on me. I'm going to declare it closer to 7 1/8 than 7 1/4.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'll bump this - I would be glad to put it on a stretcher for a few days before shipping and assure that it's at 7 1/4. That's not a problem.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Thanks for asking. The pictures are pretty accurate - I'd call it a medium gray. I took the photos next to an open window to get sunlight on it for color accuracy. There is a bit of fading or soiling on the very top front of the pinch, but no felt damage or cracking. I can try some more photos if that will help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21