Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"SOLD" - Vtg. Wide Brim Dobbs Twenty Guild Edge 7 3/8+

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
SOLD TODAY! I'm going to have to sell this Dobbs Twenty I just got off the bay. It fits too big for me. It says 7 3/8 under the sweatband, but it fits larger. Says "Roos Bros." on the leather sweatband, which was a very nice mens clothing store -- whose flagship store was at Market and Stockton streets in San Francisco -- founded in 1865.
I really don't know how old this fedora is. Felt is in great condition, but there is a couple of dark marks on the ribbon and bow. Don't look too bad to me, but I really don't know if they are stains and have not tried to get them out. Sweatband is nice and soft, with some marks that you might be able to clean up, like the one next to the Roos Bros name, as seen in pic. Comes with original box, which is kind of beat up. Over all, I think its a very nice fedora which I would definetly keep if it was not so big.
Asking $160 shipped CONUS.

Crown: 5 3/4
Brim: 2 13/16

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03807.jpg

DSC03800.jpg

DSC03799.jpg

DSC03798.jpg

Box has seen better days.
DSC03797.jpg

Last edited:

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a large beauty at a great price. No doubt it'll be sold by this time tomorrow!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Johnny, your inbox is full, so I figured I'd just bump your hat thread.

They arrived the other day, and, once again--- wonderful! The first pair was from the 30's & fit True to size by todays standards (9C). These, being from the '40's, fit a bit large. That 8C is more like a modern 8D or 8 1/2C. In other words, they fit my 8-8.5 feet perfectly. My friend is OUTTA LUCK, I'm keeping these babies for myself.

IF you ever want to part with anything else in this size range, please let me know!

Thanks & Take Care!

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Johnny, your inbox is full, so I figured I'd just bump your hat thread.

They arrived the other day, and, once again--- wonderful! The first pair was from the 30's & fit True to size by todays standards (9C). These, being from the '40's, fit a bit large. That 8C is more like a modern 8D or 8 1/2C. In other words, they fit my 8-8.5 feet perfectly. My friend is OUTTA LUCK, I'm keeping these babies for myself.

IF you ever want to part with anything else in this size range, please let me know!

Thanks & Take Care!

Lol! Ok, too bad for your friend. And I deleted some PM's. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay