Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

toobacat

One of the Regulars
Art, I just wanted to wish you well. I'm glad you are getting it checked out with the scan. Hopefully, you will be feeling great again soon!

SMCK

New in Town
I haven't visited here for a while so have just seen this thread. The internet is amazing, I feel I know you Art ,and all our thoughts are with you. I do hope that all works out well for you and that nothing too serious is involved. Last winter /spring you were making me a great hat, Fedoralover style in blue which I love. It was interrupted by the storms and all that fallen timber. I'm a farmer myself and couldn't imagine how you could possibly get it all cleared.I hope that the logs on top of everything else hasn't been the cause of your overwork . You have since made me an Artlight in grey with a blue ribbon(cruiser style) similar to one you made for Animator. I love this hat and have been wearing it most days this our very wet summer.Our thoughts are with you and your family Art. Everyone needs a break now and again.You are clearly a very popular man,in everyones prayers and we hope that all will work out well for you.

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
Beautiful things take time

Art,

You made me a beautiful, chocolate brown, stingy-brimmed Whippet clone a few months back. "The Waterfront," I call it. It's truly a beautiful thing. I wear it often, and I anticipate wearing it for the rest of my life. The hat quietly radiates quality and dignity. People at work who usually look at my hats somewhat askance do a double take instead when I'm wearing it and say "nice hat" in open admiration.

It's a wonderful creation, and throughout the process I was amazed that you offered the level of craftsmanship and care for the customer at the price you ask. There is nowhere else in this country where you get that kind of craft and courtesy without paying much, much more.

Long story short, I'm proud to wear and care for the hat you made me. And knowing that you're out there doing what you do makes me proud of our country. Sounds a little corny maybe, but it's true.

Take your time, make time time for yourself. We all love you here. If slowing down means I won't be able to order a second hat from you anytime soon, then it just means I'll keep cherishing the one you've already made me.

Be well, sir.

duggap

Banned
Real sorry to hear of your discomfort. Hopefully the MDs will fix you up like new. I was just getting ready to send in an order but I will wait until you are back to your old self. Don't matter how long it takes, just make sure it takes.

animator

One of the Regulars
Art, my favorite hats are even more of a treasure knowing a fine gentleman like you made them. Best wishes!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Wow..Thank you Gents. What IC didn't mention is that in a few hours I go in for angioplasty ( sp) to get "roto rooted". We don't have anything obviously telling us it's my vascular system, but it's better to know for sure than wonder.
This is great..I feel a bit like I'm going into battle with a full army behind me, and I thank you all for your thoughts & prayers. It helps.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Art -

I was beginning to wonder if you were actually human. It always seemed like you must produce a dozen hats a day - judging by all the posts from your more-than-satisfied customers - and each one of them thoughtful and creative masterpieces. Then, I'd see a bunch of friendly, informative posts from you and I'd think, "Even if this guy never sleeps, I still can't figure out how he does it!"

I've experienced phases like this that really make one wonder. I'm a smoker (too) and when I start feeling poorly the mind can wander to scary thoughts. Then, I'd eventually find out it's allergies or something little that caused a systemic infection and after a couple of weeks of rest and antibiotics, I'd feel great and very relieved.

Pain is a teacher, a guide, and a gift sometimes. Pay attention to it and to the inherent wisdom in nature.

It is very, VERY, important, Art, that you remain 'in the moment' during this. Energy spent second-guessing the past, or fretting about future deadlines and potential outcomes will serve you naught. Difficult, I know, but bring yourself back to the 'now' when the thoughts start to race, and calm down a little. You're 'in the zone' when you're making hats and pleasing others - - now's the time for you to apply similar focus to your mind, body and spirit.

All the best,

Gene

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks Gene, fortunately, I'm not going into any of this alone. My wife of almost 25 yrs is there every step and she has a way of keeping my thoughts in line. ( don't they all?) What is most troublesome, aside from the smoking, is my family history. Let's just say that heart attacks are the highest probability of anything medical, so it's absolutely critical that I know for sure. It's the darned wondering that kills ya!!

In the moment..good advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL