Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Somebody Wasn't Loved Enough

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Hey, it works for Cousin It...

"Hm, so the author thinks we all wear hats to woo the ladies? If my hat is ever helpful for that purpose, I promise I will eat a chunk out of it."

The hat, plus his meticulous hair grooming practices..

For some reason, every time I see that picture, I think of the Z.Z. Top song "Sharp Dressed Man"...:cool2:

Bebop

Practically Family
I can see that the L.A. Weekly is still the same piece of ^%&$# that it was years ago when I lived in L.A. It has always claimed to be so hip and proven otherwise. It's nice to know some things don't change. :)

KObalto

One of the Regulars
I don't have a problem with how the "hipsters" wear the hats. In an ironic way or not, they genuinely like them and are helping to bring them back. If you dismiss them as ironic, you could easily dismiss many of us as anachronistic. I don't think either tag is warranted.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
M Tatterscratch said:
Thank you, old chap! (And please tell me that's your sled in your avatar!)

By the way, it's Tatter-scratch, although Tattersall is darned amusing :rolleyes: - With a name like that I could go into the horseflesh business!

At least you didn't call me "Mr. 'Tater Patch" or summink...

And I AM paid to spout off my personal, uninformed opinions - I'm in advertising! :D

T.

Ah, I apologise profusely for the misnomer sir. I'll heed the lesson that I need to re-check what I've read rather than leave the transcription of names to my fallible memory!

As for the sled . . . well, I do have a 1960 Chevy Bel Air . . . but no Cadillac!

Socrets

Familiar Face
Lion said:
What's a hipster? I must be even more out of touch with the modern world than I thought.

Leo

Hipster, is often considered a derogatory term, labeled upon a growing mass of younger individuals who take it upon themselves to appreciate and divulge their taste into hype and trends. (I love wikipedia.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(contemporary_subculture)

So am I'm assuming, by this definition, that the author assumes that wearing hats is just another trend that'll pass (all I can say is nice prediction there genius. As if people haven't been wearing hats for generations). I wonder though, could he have hat envy?

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
Benny Holiday said:
Ah, I apologise profusely for the misnomer sir. I'll heed the lesson that I need to re-check what I've read rather than leave the transcription of names to my fallible memory!

As for the sled . . . well, I do have a 1960 Chevy Bel Air . . . but no Cadillac!

No worries, Sir. And even if it's not a classicaddy, a '60 Bel Air ain't chopped liver!

If it's old and it rolls, it's gold,

T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy