Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soup's on...

Caledonia

Practically Family
Carrot, leek, red lentils, fresh or dried coriander. Sweat down the carrot and leek in olive oil or whatever other thing you prefer (Benecol works well), then add the red lentils and coriander, salt and pepper to taste, stock, simmer gently till the lentils are melting, whizz it all up. Enjoy.

Or

Sweat down a leek, add mushrooms (fresh or reconstituted wild from dried, and preferably a bit of both). Add stock, a tad of paprika (unsmoked), your favourite herb. Cook for about 20 minutes. Whizz, enjoy.

On both, add enough additional water after the whizz to make the consistency you like, taste, adjust the salt, bring to required temperature. Serve.

Scotch Broth made the good old traditional way is also a total winner and gives you a little bit extra fibre.

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I like to make soup. I don't particularly like eating the same soup for lunch and dinner for an entire week just so it won't go bad. So here are a few store-bought favorites:

* Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Bisque. TJ's actually has a whole line of pureed vegetable soups that are really good, some more spicy than others. The Sweet Potato has more of a, er, sweet flavor.
* Amy's Kitchen soups.
* Wolfgang Puck soups.
* Mrs. Grass's Chicken Noodle. Can't beat the "golden nugget!"
* Campbell's Tomato. This goes best with a grilled cheese sandwich. :)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
my current favorite is a creamy tomato and red pepper soup from Pacific. it comes in a 32 oz. tetrapak (like soymilk) and you can buy it at trader joes. mmmmm! the corn chowder is good, too!

Amelie

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
That recipe has been in my family for years. My grandma makes it every Christmas.

Two(ish) days till Japan! I'll be eating the real thing! Yum! :D
So lucky you! I hope I'll be able to go to Japan next may :)
I really hope you enjoy you trip!!

for me it's Pho, miso soup and pumpkin cream :D

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
All of this soup talk is making me hungry!

Does anyone else think soup is improved by lots of hot sauce? I am a fiend for the stuff.

It might make it better...

alas...currently not allowed...and i can see why....anything acidic burns like fire as it is... and i had a painful potato incident with tonight's clam chowder...

I cant be trusted with anything but cream of <> soups...obviously.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Won ton and/or eggdrop, my favorite.

Cream of Broccoli.

Cream of Spinach.

Tomato soup with curry in it.

Matzo ball soup. The only way to make matzo edible, in my opinion.

-Viola

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24