Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soup's on...

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Let's hear it for . . .

. . . good, old, standard-issue, unmolested, classic, can-never-get-it-wrong, deeeelicious, cold-curing, fix-whatever-ails-ya, chicken soup.

Lee

I can eat that every night of the week!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
MrNewportCustom said:
. . . good, old, standard-issue, unmolested, classic, can-never-get-it-wrong, deeeelicious, cold-curing, fix-whatever-ails-ya, chicken soup.

With matzo balls in it.

-Viola

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Viola said:
Matzo ball soup. The only way to make matzo edible, in my opinion.

-Viola

Have you tried it coated with chocolate? No. I'm serious! I dated a gal who loved it that way and had me try it. Call me "Mikey", but I liked it.

Of course, people also coat crickets with chocolate and say it's good.

Lee

I also like ginseng gum!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Chocolate-covered matzo sounds more like an argument for chocolate than for matzo. Though it DOES do a credible rendition of a crunchy insect. :D

-Viola

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Viola said:
Matzo...brie? Que?

Matzo kugel is almost all right. But its the lowest form of kugel.

-Viola

Scrambled eggs and matzo, served with sour cream and apple sauce. Simplest thing in the world. You can pay 10 bucks for it at your local overpriced deli.

(You have to get the matzo soggy in water before putting it in the frying pan with the eggs, though -- lesson learned.)

Rafter

Suspended
Viola said:
Matzo ball soup. The only way to make matzo edible, in my opinion.
-Viola
My local supermarket had a sale on post-Passover matzos, 2 for $1.00. I bought 6 boxes. Their a great snack food.
Did you ever try a peanut butter and banana matzo sandwich? What about a matzo pizza? I like to take a matzo, break it into pieces and use it for croutons in a salad or in soup.
It's a much healthier alternative to bread. No cholesterol, no sugar and no sodium.

Turkey soup, chicken gumbo, Danish style beer soup and bread soup.

PHO is pretty good but minestrone is a strong favorite.

Tomato soup (with grilled cheese sandwiches)

A friend makes a carrot soup with grand marinier.

Soupy Sales! Not a soup but a "childrens Show" host that would get in lots of trouble.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Rafter said:
My local supermarket had a sale on post-Passover matzos, 2 for $1.00. I bought 6 boxes. Their a great snack food.
Did you ever try a peanut butter and banana matzo sandwich? What about a matzo pizza? I like to take a matzo, break it into pieces and use it for croutons in a salad or in soup.
It's a much healthier alternative to bread. No cholesterol, no sugar and no sodium.

I'm the wrong person to ask, I hate the stuff and only eat it when I have to. It has lots of fans, though. Just not me. :D

I used to give it away to Christian friends when I was little. "Yay, its matzo!" [huh]

I don't mind them discounting it after the holiday, but my local grocery store was selling not-kosher-for-Passover matzo right before and *during* the holiday last year, in the Jewish food aisle. My mom bought and ate/served two or three boxes...she cursed the air blue when she realized. :mad: :rage:

I thought that was pretty low.

-Viola

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I love matzo. And so does my cat -- as soon as she sees the box, she starts begging and won't let up till I break off a chunk for her.

I like to make mozzarella cheese sandwiches with it -- a big handful melted between two pieces. My cat, though, she prefers it straight.

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Pho sure ;), it's gotta be Won Ton or homemade chicken noodle, about the only soups I'll eat. I have a rather severe milk/dairy intolerance, so a no go on the creamy soups.

Steve

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
President Eisenhower had a special secret family recipe for vegetable soup. He would make it during times of stress, when he needed to get away and think.
Me? Not a soup person, sorry. Tho I recently had a taste of cream of broccoli soup that was heavenly.

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Haha, yay, other pho fans!!

I adore soups!

Creamy Tomato
Gumbo or Jambalaya
Cream of Spinach (only my Maga's!)
Broccoli Cheddar
Black Bean
Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice
One my friend's grandma makes- its some long unpronounceable Polish kind...
New England Clam Chowder
Cream of Mushroom (only the good kind, not the canned crud)
this incredible stuff I had in Spain once that I don't remember the name of...

And sooo many others... unfortunately most of my favorites are usually cream-based with oodles of calories, so they'd make a terrible diet! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner