Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

source for affordable authentic bib overalls ?

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Wore out my bib overalls after many years and I have spend the last few weeks trying to find a good pair of affordable preferably Lee overalls but no luck so far. Bought a pair of Dickies bibs cheaply on ebay, very impressed with the dark denim but they are too tight and too short ( wouldnt wear them without turn ups). Any clever folks out there in vintageland have a tip for a good pair of bib overalls - they gotta be dark denim and roomy ( about a 32/ 32) ?

Starius

Practically Family
Out here in northwest Iowa / Southern Minnesota land, bib overalls are still common outdoor workfare.

Shopper's Supply is a locally owned chain of stores which carried overalls around here but our local store was just bought out by Bomgaars. I believe they also sell overalls but I'm afraid I haven't looked.

However, if you don't have any farm supply stores locally and absolutely can't find anything, I can take a look around here for you and see whats available.

Now that I think about it, I can't say I know of any online distributors which carry overalls.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seems like I recall my great uncle and grandfather wearing Liberty brand overalls. I hardly remember seeing my great uncle in anything but overalls.

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Yeah, they look good but they are a bit pricey and difficult to order and they aint got my size. As I said, I would prefer the Lee bib´s but cant find them anywhere right now.

Starius

Practically Family
JMADSENK said:
Try Sears.

I just wanted to say that Sears stores can be real hit or miss. Our local Sears just carries lawnmowers, tvs, refrigerators, stoves, and ovens. No clothing or tools, etc. I had to go to Rochester, MN to see a full service Sears.

Even worse for this scenario is that out of all the overalls listed in the online Sears workwear catalog, none of them are bib overalls.

I was a bit surprised.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I went to Lee.com and searched for overalls. Found them and a couple are darker denim and sold only in stores. I went to the European eulee.com and found a whole lot of stores in the Czech Republic. Don't they have them?

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Don't be cheap. Just save up and buy a pair of Lee housemark overalls. They are almost constantly on eBay. I got a pair last month for $70.

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
No unfortunately they dont stock em here at all.....
Twitch said:
I went to Lee.com and searched for overalls. Found them and a couple are darker denim and sold only in stores. I went to the European eulee.com and found a whole lot of stores in the Czech Republic. Don't they have them?

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
I been looking on ebay and couldnt find any lee overalls at all.
MudInYerEye said:
Don't be cheap. Just save up and buy a pair of Lee housemark overalls. They are almost constantly on eBay. I got a pair last month for $70.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley