Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Southeasterners File in... and state your state

Mr. Jason

Familiar Face
Stop Lights

Reading the replies about stop lights made me think of a funny story I had to share.

I live say 20 minutes from the closest stop light. (Not really too far but you will understand later.) There was a party in my neighboorhood a while back and late in the evning there was a nock at the door. Someone had gotten lost and happened upon our little party, understand this person would have to have gone 2 or so miles down a gravel road (plenty of time to give up and turn around). So there you have some poor lost soul and about 15 people who are all 3 sheets to the wind trying to give the poor lost soul directions. After about 10 minutes of this one of the people at the party bursts through the group giving directions and shouts, "Turn left at the light!" All the people giving directions agreed and the poor lost soul left. I hope that person made it home alright.

I'm a NC State fan by birth. I went to WCU.
Give me my southern heritage or I'll take it by force!

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Southern Heritage

I for one am proud of my Southern Heritage. I have studied the history of the South since I was first able to read. I read all of the documented accounts and not the tripe that history books try to sell our kids. Slavery was an issue and I dont agree with the issue of slavery, but that was a small part of the war from the beginning. It was not the main issue. Lincoln did not even attempt to free the slaves until 1863 and only in the states that were considered in Rebellion. The slave trade was outlawed in the Confederate Constitution and was still legal in the US Constitution at the time. Lincoln in 1861 said that this is a war to save the union and not to free the slaves but if he had to free the slaves to save the union, he would. Very few of the soldiers of the Confederacy even owned slaves and there were a large amount of free blacks that owned slaves. There was also a large amount of free blacks that volunteered to fight for the Confederacy and served side by side with white soldiers where as the North had segregation and had separate regiments for black soldiers. At the end of the war, the Confederacy also had all black regiments, but it came too late to be effective. This you will not find in history books due to it being "contriversal" and not politically correct. Sorry to be so long winded and I will get off my soap box for now.

GG

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Gray Ghost...

People don't know of which y'all speak. I however do. I am not a racist but have been acused of being one when I point out some of the things like you posted. I am very sickened to see the revisionist history being taught in school. The revisionists have also forced school names to be changed and statues of great southerners to be removed from public areas. I am proud of my southern heritage.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Thanks Biltmore Bob. We seem to think the same on alot of issues. I probably would not have said anything but it just strikes me wrong when someone says that they are not proud to be from where they are or will not admit to where they are from, but it is there opinion and I respect them for it. It is also possible that they were not even thinking of the War against Nothern Agression and they were thinking of some other reason to not be proud, but usually it always comes back to the war and them being taught in school and college to be ashamed of their heritage. That just sticks in my craw. I just give a good and loud Rebel Yell and go on with life. :cheers1:

Gray Ghost

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
The also call me an intolerant bigotted homophobe...

when I talk about the abomination of homosexuality and their agenda to be accepted as a mainstream lifestyle. They think that there is something wrong with me because I am a straight male with conservative family values, I'm must be the problem. Rome is burning down all around them and they don't even notice it. The problem is that if folks would read their Bible they would see that Jesus himself did not tolerate sin.

'The War Against Northern Aggression', is the term I , myself prefer, but you won't find that in any history books. There is a whole generation coming up that has no pride in their southern heritage.

Intolerant Southern White Male,

Yee Haw!

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Thanks, GG...

I find it really strange that when Liberals have a belief it's a conviction but when Conservatives have a belief it's viewed as a predjudice.

We do win, I have read the end of the book...

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Braxton

I see you are from the Gulf Coast. Hope all yall are okay down there. I have been keeping all yall in my prayers. I survived Hurricane Floyd so I know a little of what it is like to be mauled by a hurricane.

Bob

I also have read the ending. I just love a Good Book with a great ending, especially when it is true.

GG

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
Thanks GG

I appreciate your kind thoughts. Things are still quite a mess here but much worse to our west (Mississippi coast and New Orleans). Huge piles of debris everywhere are slowly being removed by FEMA contractors. Insurance people and disaster recovery folks have filled every available hotel room within miles and business is booming in certain arenas but many displaced workers in certain industries are relocating to other cities. Restaurants are packed, traffic is a nightmare, flying in (or out) is hellish, and many services are yet to be restored. Still, we are incredibly lucky in many ways.

There is an incredible demand all over the coast for people in the building trades. There oughtn't to be even one unemployed person in the area - there is so much work to be done - even for the unskilled. The insurance money is beginning to pour in and every contractor within hundreds of miles is swamped with work. An interesting economy is developing altho I'm not quite sure how it will ultimately play out. Just wish I had my own backhoe...

Mycroft

One Too Many
Braxton36 said:
I appreciate your kind thoughts. Things are still quite a mess here but much worse to our west (Mississippi coast and New Orleans). Huge piles of debris everywhere are slowly being removed by FEMA contractors. Insurance people and disaster recovery folks have filled every available hotel room within miles and business is booming in certain arenas but many displaced workers in certain industries are relocating to other cities. Restaurants are packed, traffic is a nightmare, flying in (or out) is hellish, and many services are yet to be restored. Still, we are incredibly lucky in many ways.

There is an incredible demand all over the coast for people in the building trades. There oughtn't to be even one unemployed person in the area - there is so much work to be done - even for the unskilled. The insurance money is beginning to pour in and every contractor within hundreds of miles is swamped with work. An interesting economy is developing altho I'm not quite sure how it will ultimately play out. Just wish I had my own backhoe...

Here in South Florida we need personal backhoes too. ;)

Mycroft

One Too Many
Gray Ghost said:
Mycroft

Sorry Dude, I forgot to ask about how you and yours are doing after the Hurricane. Hope all is well and you are also in my prayers as well as all that were in Texas to.

GG

Thanks, you all were in mine as well. We fared well since we just got new shutters. A lota tree damadge, roof tiles, and other cosmetic stuff. We also lost power for a few days with water since we were hit the worst in the country. But, we are alive to drink another day :beer:. Thanks for asking. Cheers :cheers1:

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
No problem. Next time I am down in Florida, I'll have to look you up. I always go to central Florida on my birthday in March. This year I plan to get the aerobatic flight in the AT-6 Texan. I plan to wear my 13th Air Force Uniform when I do. It should be alot of fun.:cheers1:

GG

Mycroft

One Too Many
Gray Ghost said:
No problem. Next time I am down in Florida, I'll have to look you up. I always go to central Florida on my birthday in March. This year I plan to get the aerobatic flight in the AT-6 Texan. I plan to wear my 13th Air Force Uniform when I do. It should be alot of fun.:cheers1:

GG

Sounds fun. For some reason I always make friends with people who love planes, it is cool though, because all I do is here them talk about them and I am learning the basics of piloting. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk