Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sou'west Chunkies Sweaters

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
It's that time of year, here in the UK, I have bought out my Sou'West Chunkies again, am wearing black crew neck at the moment, will probably wear the Roll Neck Chunkie tomorrow or Tuesday.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I'm wearing my purple Chunkie these days, along with a great heavy rollneck Beerenberg sweater I bought from Arthur Beale.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
I'd recommend the Beerenberg sweater, it’s a hearty jumper. Good value for the quality too, compared to North Sea Clothing for something comparable.

Arthur Beale are based near Seven Dials. I have bought Guernseys from them a few times over the years and have recently seen and been tempted by their Beerenberg sweater. It’s quite a lot like the Submariner sweater I have from Silverman’s but I must confess that your post has made me think about it again - and I’m very tempted!!!

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
You've got me seriously considering one of their Guernseys. Any store with a category like "Adhesives, Mastics, and Blobby things" I feel I can trust.

I can guarantee that you can’t go wrong with a Guernsey. Those sweaters are rugged and reliable, warm when needed but also good ventilation which makes them perfect both for outdoor activities and lounging about at home. They also last a long time: my Navy Guernsey is around 20 years old and still in good order despite frequent use.
I had my first Guernsey when I was 8 years old in the early 1970s and have worn them ever since. My collection is quite large (they’re a bit addictive!) but my favourites are the Navy, the Olive (Army) and New Natural/Oatmeal.

souwestchunkies

New in Town
HEY THAT'S ME CAN'T SPELL FINGERS TO FAT CRAPPY WEBSITE BUT GOT YOUR ATTENTION SOALL GOOD AND STILL KNOCKING OUT BESPOKE SWEATERS

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 933

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21