Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Speaking of travel bags, murses and such ...

wdw

One Too Many
I can only pray they're 20cm wide to fit the low cost carriers. If not, then I'm sadly out.

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Looks like Saddleback Leather might have a little competition.
However, the use of a zipper is a big negative to me.
That's where I totally agree with Saddleback's design philosophy.
Lenny

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Looks like Saddleback Leather might have a little competition.
However, the use of a zipper is a big negative to me.
That's where I totally agree with Saddleback's design philosophy.
Lenny

+1 on the zipper. They're always the first thing to go, usually at the worst possible moment. Have a love/ hate thing with this type of bag: esthetically I love it but love cools quickly if you're forced to actually lug it around for an extended period rather than elegantly throw it in the back of your [insert favourite and hideously expensive car make here]. One month ago I was stuck in Moscow airport for 6 hours, carrying one of these filled up with first books, then extra vodka, caviar, crab confit and cigarettes....o how I longed for my styleless samsonite roller.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have an old Aero catalogue which features these bags. I wanted one then and just as much now. If I can find the book over this weekend I shall post a pic with the details the only difference would probably be the price.

Plumbline

One Too Many
This style of bag .. while very cool ...

IS USELESS for travelling unless you park less than 20yds from the check in desk. Otherwise both shoulders of your jacket and shirt will be fecked ... and you'll be a sweating panting wreck. Even with the limited availabillity of luggage trolleys !

I have a couple of Orvis Battenkill leather bags which I foolishly believed would be great travel bags ... not unlike these to be honest ..... used them once and then returned to my Wenger / Samsonite ( I'd buy Tumi but I'm not that much of a brand slut :) ) trolley bag. For travel .. don't be a wolly ... get a trolley :)

I guess is style over function is your thing then they'd be great .... but buckles over zips every time and a double thickness base as a minimum. You could perhaps get one to match your jacket if that was your thing also !

Nice bags but for posing only IMHO :)

IS USELESS for travelling unless you park less than 20yds from the check in desk. Otherwise both shoulders of your jacket and shirt will be fecked ... and you'll be a sweating panting wreck. Even with the limited availabillity of luggage trolleys ! I have a couple of Orvis Battenkill leather bags which I foolishly believed would be great travel bags ... not unlike these to be honest ..... used them once and then returned to my Wenger / Samsonite ( I'd buy Tumi but I'm not that much of a brand slut :) ) trolley bag. For travel .. don't be a wolly ... get a trolley :) I guess is style over function is your thing then they'd be great .... but buckles over zips every time and a double thickness base as a minimum. You could perhaps get one to match your jacket if that was your thing also !Nice bags but for posing only IMHO :)
WTH are you talking about? Did a teenage girl get plumblines account?

Plumbline

One Too Many
Talking about travel bags .. which is what these are .... or rather leather bags because travel bags should have wheels !

No teenage girls ... just the experience of over 1.5 million air miles and a smidge over 80 countries in 27 years in the oil industry. Travel unfortunately is part of the job :(

Last edited:
Calling these poser is crazy. I have bags like these in various states from over the years. Zips are fine if they're good zips - and large. But I too like buckles.
I love this style bag for travel, but if I'm walking tons, I use a messenger bag or rucksack for the daytime. Wheels? Dang. I'm 52 and I don't need wheels :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred