Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spear point collar shirts

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Where did you find it? The only shirts I ever see have the collar so spread they point back towards the ears.

I found it at Allders department store in Croydon. £25 is a damn good price. But they don't appear at that price on the 'Racing Green' website. The nearest seemed to be shirts at £40. They have a selection of colours, some stripes (both bold and subtle). They are a nice cut: not to snug, not too baggy.

If you wanted some, maybe you could call them (they don't sell online). I work nearby, if you wanted we could arrange for me to get some for you. Send me a PM if you want me to get any for you.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Ah. Thanks, Two Types! I had missed your answer to Nick.

I am in Streatham myself so can get to Croydon easily.

Many thanks for the info.
Anton

Edward

Bartender
If these are still available in the wild, do let me know - I might even be persuaded to brave the wilds of South of the River when I get paid again!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
If these are still available in the wild, do let me know - I might even be persuaded to brave the wilds of South of the River when I get paid again!

Because these areat a sale price, I have no idea how long they will be there. Allders is really near my office so I will be keeping an eye on them to see what happens. There is always the chance that more stock might appear. I'll keep you up to date.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Not a fan either. I like a 1/4 inch from the edge on collars and cuffs.

Then you'll like the spearpoint collared shirts we're about to release.

Collarteaser.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Looks great, Marc! Do have a word with the bods at Charles Tyrwhitt, eh? If *only* they offered this collar on their classic fit shirts, I would be in hog heaven....

Because these areat a sale price, I have no idea how long they will be there. Allders is really near my office so I will be keeping an eye on them to see what happens. There is always the chance that more stock might appear. I'll keep you up to date.

Thanks

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here is a close up of the striped shirt by Racing Green.

RacingGreenstripes.jpg

(In case you are wondering, that isn't some obscure Communist Party tie, it was a promotional item for a pub called 'The Star' back in the
1960s)

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Marc. I thought it was a vintage 40s shirt. Is that the same length that they would use back in the day? I took the collar off one of my shirts and wanted to try and make one with spearpoint collars and wanted to get the length right. I like what I see at ReVamp but I don't have the cash right now.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Thanks Marc. I thought it was a vintage 40s shirt. Is that the same length that they would use back in the day?

Spearpoint collar lengths varied from about 3.5 inches long to 4.5 inches long ... or even longer.

Spearpoint collars that were 4.5+ inches were called "Hollywood" collars. Shorter than that, they tended to be called "Barrymore" collars, after the actor John Barrymore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112