Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes, Goodbye!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Once again I "eulogize" some items before bidding goodbye to them on eBay. And here they are. Some are from the '30s, some from the '40s, and one is contemporary. All but the black mesh pair are size 9 or 9 1/2 D. Saluti!

Marchshoes002.jpg
Marchshoes001.jpg

Marchshoes003.jpg

Marchshoes022.jpg
Marchshoes025.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok Marc, that's enough! Stop selling the good stuff! You're killing me here! If I had even one of those pairs... I'd die happy!

Oh Marc, those shoes are just the living end!!! And one can't find them like that any more in any size!

Once they're gone, they're gone.

=WR=

Barry

Practically Family
The last pair....wow!

I special-ordered a pair of Chestnut Brown / White Broadstreets from Allen Edmonds a while back. I wish they made them like that pair too!

Barry

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
the best ? but these are all for sale on ebay. you mean there's more ???

i understand the need for money. but money just buys transient, untouchable things like rent and education. these are material irreplaceable things !!

( the right hands would be MY hands, or rather my feet. unfortunately they're all too small.damn).

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
herringbonekid said:
the best ? but these are all for sale on ebay. you mean there's more ???

I was referring to the best shoes I've sold on eBay in the past. The cap-toe spectators in size 10 1/2, for instance. Those went to a very serious collector who treats his shoes as if they were icons. (Which, perhaps, they are.)

There might be more to sell from my collection. I'm mulling it over. It's hard for me to let them go!

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Those went to a very serious collector who treats his shoes as if they were icons. (Which, perhaps, they are.)

i suppose it makes sense to preserve rare vintage shoes in as pristine a state as possible, but personally i'd be having WAY TOO MUCH FUN wearing them every day.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Marc Chevalier said:
And don't worry, the best of these shoes are ending up in the right hands. They're going to collectors who enshrine them in display cases and such. Two pairs have gone to little museums.

Bless you for that. You're a good man.

EL COLORADO

One of the Regulars
(sigh) ....the memories.

Actually I have storage room bursting with NOS stuff from sweeping through ebay in the late 90's when literal mountains of shoes like that (and suits, and shirts, etc.) were going for 10 or 20 bucks tops!
I knew those days wouldnt last long so I bought everything!
And sure enough those days are now gone forever.

EC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy