Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Emilio Franco - Repro's? & DMs

I found these at the thrift store today, too awesome and inexpensive to not buy! I have no idea what to do with them, so I'll likely put them up on ebay.

th_DSC_3290.jpg

th_DSC_3291.jpg

th_DSC_3292.jpg

th_DSC_3293.jpg

th_DSC_3288.jpg

th_DSC_3289.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
I bought these Ralph Lauren Specs to start my collection. Rare size 12:

spectators-1.jpg

MsStabby - those are some interesting green spectators! Are they Disco era or older?

John

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
is anyone having more info on these shoes? I tried emailing Remix a couple of times but they don't reply for some reason.. Are these shoes available at the moment?

I emailed them also with the same result. According to the resourceful Mr. Resortes, those are prototypes to be released this winter...

Levallois

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
They're high end shoes, probably made by Crockett & Jones or Edward Green.

Thanks for the info Tomasso - I went looking to see if I could determine which manufacturer made my shoes and found something at the Style Forum -

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=94886

"PRL with 'Ralph Lauren', followed by "Benchmade in England" - Crockett & Jones, or Alfred Sargent (look for a double row of nails on the heel)"

100_4667-1.jpg

Since I don't have the double row of nails in the heel, my shoes were made by Crockett and Jones! That's amazing! I've never owned $500 shoes before. It will be interesting to see how they compare to Cole Haan and Allen Edmonds. Thanks again for the help!

John

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Levallois said:
MsStabby - those are some interesting green spectators! Are they Disco era or older? John

I have no idea. The actual spectators (the top 4 pics, Emilio Franco's - both pairs are green) are very lightly worn and look new-ish, but I don't know enough about mens shoes generally, or this maker specifically, to even hazard a guess.

The Docs (bottom two pics) are def. post-disco, probably last 10 years. These are patent with no wear, and odd colors: grass green and maroon. They're (I think) women's UK 7, which makes me sad b/c they are slightly too big for me (I wear women's UK 6). I still, after all these years past my punk days, harbor a very soft spot for wild DM's.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
MsStabby said:
I found these at the thrift store today, too awesome and inexpensive to not buy! I have no idea what to do with them, so I'll likely put them up on ebay.

th_DSC_3290.jpg

th_DSC_3291.jpg

th_DSC_3292.jpg

th_DSC_3293.jpg

What are the sizes?

That is a little known firm/brand that makes good quality shoes in Spain or maybe Italy. I suspect they are godyear welted or blake stitch (stitch down) rather than glue jobs.

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
I finally took a close look at the Franco's:

- They are current day, sole is Vibram (though they could have been re-soled? I notice that one has the Vibram sole covering the Made in Italy mark, so...)

- The green & creme are size 11.5

- The olive & dark turquoise (I can't really describe the colors) are size 11

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Emilio Franco shoes

cookie said:
That is a little known firm/brand that makes good quality shoes
Really? I was thinking more like Georgio Brutini, Stacy Adams, etc.......[huh]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
Older Polo (and newer Purple Label) "Made in England" shoes can't be beat.

In the early 90's Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers and Paul Stuart all offered shoes made by Edward Green; RL may still today but the others have dropped down a notch or two.

Levallois

Practically Family
RL Polo Spectators at work today - they caused quite a stir - and yes my slacks are a bit long.

PBFloydday006.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany