Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

Ryan

Familiar Face
beater spectators

I was looking for a casual shoe to replace a pair of worn out loafers. No sneakers. Something to wear around the house or run a errand. A while back someone on this forum was looking for inexpensive specs, mentioned Blair.com. I took a look yesterday and found they have the black/white & brown/white specs for $29.99 in the clearance section. Shipping is a dollar. From what I read people seem to be happy with them. For $31.00, thought what he heck it's worth a try. I got a pair of the brown ones coming.

moustache

Practically Family
Allen Edmonds Broadstreets:Show some pics!

I have always wanted a pair of Allen Edmonds brown/white Broadstreets.
But they are tough to find new,or even used at that. So when I saw a pair come up on ebay the other day,I overbid to make sure I was the winner. They are 9.5D(tough to find as well) and never laced or worn,in the box. Some might think I paid too much at $195,but I didn't want to lose them.
Here are a few pics:

e26c_1.jpg

deb3_1.jpg

They should be on my feet sometime next week.
I will shoot some more pics then.

Anyone else like the AE Broadstreets? If so,any pics?

Jim

kschurch

Vendor
Nice Broadstreets!

Thats a great looking pair of shoes Jim!

Were they NOS? The box is a different style than the current box they've been using over the last several years.

I have many pairs of A & E's and I do quite well finding them on the Allen Edmonds ebay store.

I think you did well at $195.00. Especially if that was exactly what you wanted. Nice find.

Here's a couple of pairs I've bought over the years.

Kevin

Picture007.jpg

moustache

Practically Family
Hi Kevin,

Not sure if they are NOS or not.The model number doesn't come up with a Google search.And I only have the last two AE catalogs where these are not even present. I will have the shoes the day after tomorrow via UPS.
They look beautiful! I wonder what they retailed for? Maybe $350 or so?

Jim

carter

I'll Lock Up
moustache said:
But they are tough to find new,or even used at that. So when I saw a pair come up on ebay the other day,I overbid to make sure I was the winner. They are 9.5D(tough to find as well) and never laced or worn,in the box. Some might think I paid too much at $195,but I didn't want to lose them.
Here are a few pics:

e26c_1.jpg

deb3_1.jpg

Jim

Beautiful Broadstreets, Jim. Pricey but you definitely did not overpay. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Great Broadstreets, Jim. With that box and logo on the sole I'd guess those are probably from the 80s. AE's sell for $300+ these days, and those have never been worn, so you got a good buy. Particularly good since they don't make 'em anymore.

AE has a hard and fast rule: If they make a really outstanding shoe they must immediately cease its production.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
HA - I was the guy you outbid!

moustache said:

Jim

I don't feel so bad about getting outbid, considering these awesome kicks are going to a good home.

And $195 is not over priced at all! A.E. doesn't make the Broadstreet anymore, as far as I can tell. The somewhat comparable (but much less cool) McCain models are $325.

And yes - these, just like the black/white pair I picked up from the same seller;) - are NOS

moustache

Practically Family
Guttersnipe said:

I don't feel so bad about getting outbid, considering these awesome kicks are going to a good home.

And $195 is not over priced at all! A.E. doesn't make the Broadstreet anymore, as far as I can tell. The somewhat comparable (but much less cool) McCain models are $325.

And yes - these, just like the black/white pair I picked up from the same seller;) - are NOS

Thanks for the info. I would love to have both colours but these were just perfect for me!! Tomorrow is the day i receive them!! Yay!!!
Then the pics will begin to be taken.

Jim

moustache

Practically Family
They have arrived!!!! A quick look at the box says model 8663 and inside are pair of BEAUTIFUL Broadstreets!! Still in the plastic wrap,with felt bag,shoe horn and AE postcard for a shoe care brochure. Everything certainly points to the late 80's,as was mentioned by AlanC. I almost don't want to put them on!
When I get home the Nikon D50 comes out and i shall photograph them.

Would you believe these are the first NEW shoes (AE's that is) i have purchased in 20 years? And what a way to do it!

Pics i hope to have up in 10 hours or so,or maybe by tomorrow morning.

Jim

moustache

Practically Family
Update:

I just received a reply from Allen Edmonds and after providing the numbers from inside the shoe,they tell me the shoes were manufactured in 1989.
The folks at AE are a delight to deal with.

Jim

moustache

Practically Family
Pics!!!!

Here are the photos I promised!

Box as shipped:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now the opening!!

4.jpg

Some of the accessories that came with the shoes:A shoe horn,polishing cloth and two AE cards.

Now the shoes!

5.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

10.jpg

15.jpg

8.jpg

And the inside tag:

9.jpg

I have tried them on and they fit like a glove!!! Wonderful shoes they are.

Thanks for letting me share!

Jim

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
In my opinion, Stacy Adams is the only modern shoe company making fair-stitched vintage cut shoes with the iconic narrow and pointy 1930's look. Having said that, the quality of their shoes are inferior to other brands such as Allen Edmonds, but what else can you expect for a pair of $70 shoes?
stacyadams-00042-beige-607o.jpg

Mary

Practically Family
Thanks for the tip! I'll definetly look them up. What do you others think? Is Stacy Adams, the company that makes the best 30's lookalike shoes?

M

resortes805 said:
In my opinion, Stacy Adams is the only modern shoe company making fair-stitched vintage cut shoes with the iconic narrow and pointy 1930's look. Having said that, the quality of their shoes are inferior to other brands such as Allen Edmonds, but what else can you expect for a pair of $70 shoes?
stacyadams-00042-beige-607o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21