Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Squeaky Leather Jacket Problem SOLVED!

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Well, I used to smoke "Half Zware Shag" for quite a while. My friends in HK always had a field day on that. ;) Half of them being sheep-shaggers anyway...

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Updated info. The talc didn't work so great and I no longer would recommend it. I just treated the squeaky A1 in question with a kit I got on Amazon for $10. It was a small bottle of Lexol cleaner and one Lexol leather conditioner. It took away a lot of the squeak, but it's still there a little bit.

zhz

Practically Family
I tried the talc power used after shower on one sleeve, it works...but I am really worried it will dry or shag (please refer to the original meaning of shag) the leather. So I tried to apply the leather conditioner to the stitches, it works well so far. Don't know how it goes overnight.

zhz

Practically Family
Updated info. The talc didn't work so great and I no longer would recommend it. I just treated the squeaky A1 in question with a kit I got on Amazon for $10. It was a small bottle of Lexol cleaner and one Lexol leather conditioner. It took away a lot of the squeak, but it's still there a little bit.

Why talc didn't work so great? The jacket start squeaking again?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I tried the talc power used after shower on one sleeve, it works...but I am really worried it will dry or shag (please refer to the original meaning of shag) the leather. So I tried to apply the leather conditioner to the stitches, it works well so far. Don't know how it goes overnight.

Heaven's man, again with the damage worry? - even pissy lambskin will laugh talc off. It's actually very hard to damage leather. Fire and strong solvents are about the only way. Oh and too much conditioner - people who use it a couple of times every year sometimes end up with irredeemably sticky jackets. As they say at Aero, condition your jacket about every decade after you get it... if you want to. You certainly can't dry out the oils with a little talc. But I do predict that you will need to talc your jacket regularly because the squeak will return.

zhz

Practically Family
Heaven's man, again with the damage worry? - even pissy lambskin will laugh talc off. It's actually very hard to damage leather. Fire and strong solvents are about the only way. Oh and too much conditioner - people who use it a couple of times every year sometimes end up with irredeemably sticky jackets. As they say at Aero, condition your jacket about every decade after you get it... if you want to. You certainly can't dry out the oils with a little talc. But I do predict that you will need to talc your jacket regularly because the squeak will return.

Not worry too much but still wondering. The talc way do sounds odd...but anyway, I use conditioner for the job, so far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails