Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adding Rivets to Leather Jacket Sleeves?

domi8tor

New in Town
Hey Fedora Lounge pals, I'm intrigued by the rivets on jackets like the Labrea from Freewheelers or the Fine Creek Limited Run. Any advice on how to add them without damaging the lining? Where can I find rivets, and is there a deeper meaning behind their use, or is it purely decorative?

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0357.png
    IMG_0357.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0266.png
    IMG_0266.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 39

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Hey Fedora Lounge pals, I'm intrigued by the rivets on jackets like the Labrea from Freewheelers or the Fine Creek Limited Run. Any advice on how to add them without damaging the lining? Where can I find rivets, and is there a deeper meaning behind their use, or is it purely decorative?
I have not seen the freewheelers on the flesh. However, from your images, the items on the sleeves appear to be spots. Regardless, spots or rivets are not difficult to properly install.
Here is my favorite provider of spots. They have been providing spots for a very long time. Including the original HD-40-50's spots used in their jackets.

https://standardrivet.com/product-category/spots/round-spots/

Dbtk44

New in Town
Yup...just simple "spots", just need to carefully cut 2 slits for the legs to go in, press into the leather, put something hard underneath like a hardback book or wooden board, then press or tap the dome so the legs fold over and secure.

Nice thing is, you can put them just about anywhere on a jacket, belt, pants, etc and you don't absolutely NEED access to the other side...provided you can cleanly and evenly cut the 2 slits.
Access makes it easier, but definitely not a requirement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner