Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chinese leather jackets

Leigh H

Practically Family
This seems the best place to ask...

Anyone know if these guys - clothesoutdoor.com - are a legitimate operation? I see they dodo leathers - at this price, I'd be wary of the quality - but there's much else that stylistically falls into the civilian end of the Bronson type lines. I particularly like the look of this one...

https://www.clothesoutdoor.com/coll...workwear-multi-pocket-corduroy-western-jacket

... and they do more Western sizing than Bronson offer currently. I would expect big Japanese brand type stuff at this price, but if it's legit (their own photos....) and half decent, at this price it might be worth a punt...

reviews are terrible, avoid.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/clothesoutdoor.com

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/clothesoutdoor.com?page=2

Scam review
https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/clothesoutdoor.com?utm_content=cmp-true

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 18.26.46.png

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The Taobao / AliExpress sellers has found out about Shopify platform like the one Shawn uses for his website. So now there’s a bunch of these new ones using this new to them selling platform.

If you cross check the photos, you can see a lot of them are duplicates from Taobao/Aliexpress/Rebel…etc.

The newest jackets (also happens to be the most expensive ones) are only found in the new selling platforms as it seems, but the older ones can still be found on AliExpress for less.

If some one buys one of the new ones using the “New Zealand” horsehide please post some pics. Thanks.

Edward

Bartender

Ach. Thanks - that's what I was afraid of. I can but continue to live in hope that Bronson up their game when it comes to Western sizing... It's definitely a hole in the market for those of us for whom the prices of the Japanese brands are just too high.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
After more than 2 and a half months of customs hell I think I’ll be getting my Crush on Retro jacket on Monday or Tuesday.

I’m completely expecting to be disappointed, esp. since the jacket supposedly has some light pre-distressing (not readily apparent in pics) but I really like the design, a copy of RRL’s Alston jacket but in leather instead of suede. Wish it existed in better quality.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Did you have to pay a lot of duty and taxes? Products of Chinese county of origin are taxed much higher now if you are importing them into the US.

jmomlws

New in Town
Did you have to pay a lot of duty and taxes? Products of Chinese county of origin are taxed much higher now if you are importing them into the US.
I paid nothing extra on mine, from Crush on Retro but via Aliexpress.
Also it seemed to sail through whatever passed for customs at LAX. From order to delivery was 12 days total.

alohashirt

New in Town
Hi,

I would like to know where to buy chinese jackets like the cidu brand for exemple (I'm not sure it is a brand).
I've never bought from aliexpress but I'm willing to try if some of you here have had a positive experience.
Could you give me names of sellers that I can trust ?
I understand that quality is not up to big names brand we have around here (I 'm from Europe), my question is more about buying from someone that will actually send the goods and is not a scam.

Crush on retro could be ok?

The aliexpress shop I've spotted are:
Red tornado
Tailor brando
YR! Clothes factory store
C&C factory store

Some of you might reccomand or advise to avoid some of them?
Is there others worth looking at?

Thank you

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Hi,

I would like to know where to buy chinese jackets like the cidu brand for exemple (I'm not sure it is a brand).
I've never bought from aliexpress but I'm willing to try if some of you here have had a positive experience.
Could you give me names of sellers that I can trust ?
I understand that quality is not up to big names brand we have around here (I 'm from Europe), my question is more about buying from someone that will actually send the goods and is not a scam.

Crush on retro could be ok?

The aliexpress shop I've spotted are:
Red tornado
Tailor brando
YR! Clothes factory store
C&C factory store

Some of you might reccomand or advise to avoid some of them?
Is there others worth looking at?

Thank you
You can def trust Crush on Retro. However the sleeves on my jacket were really short.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
will second Crush on Retro. But my sleeves were just right. It probably depends on the type of jacket you order.
Or even the maker. I think they are resellers, which I don’t mind. I’m ok with someone doing the hard work of going through the myriad of chinese makers and picking the best, and paying them for that. The ones that made my jacket (something like Jai Leathers) don’t even come up on a Google search.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I've bought from both Red Tornado and YR, Red Tornado was a couple bucks more but I had one questionable jacket from YR so yes Red Tornado no YR.

memories

New in Town
I don't know should I trust YR, they sell The Simons jacket for 340 bucks and Crush sell it for 500 bucks, hudge difference, but I am not sure

unhatted

One of the Regulars
I have bought Cidu and Simons from both Red Tornado/Al’s Store/Rock can Roll (all same guy) and from YR (who also operates under many names. There’s a big markup over manufacturer price (worth it if there’s free returns IMO) and these vary wildly. Sometimes the same model is cheaper to buy from Al, sometimes from YR. In both cases I’m as confident as I can be that the jackets were actual Cidu/Simons/etc. Al is probably more communicative, and I find his wholehearted embrace of the ‘Bro’ persona quite fun! But I suspect you’re safe either way with AliExpress returns policy.

memories

New in Town
Thank you for your reply, one warn me, the offer me different sizes and don't show real photos, also they are rude a bit)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner