Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steampunk, Dieselpunk, etc.

Story

I'll Lock Up
LAS VEGAS - Leave it to Robert Downey Jr. to turn Sherlock Holmes into a wisecracking action hero who ends up handcuffed naked to a bed.

Downey offered a sneak peek Tuesday of "Sherlock Holmes," his new take on the cerebral detective created by Arthur Conan Doyle.

Theater owners attending their annual ShoWest convention got to see Downey's Holmes in a bruising boxing match, diving from a tall building into London's Thames River and trading barbs with roommate Dr. Watson (Jude Law), who complains about the detective's slovenliness and nocturnal violin playing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...robert_downey_jr_gives_sherlock_holmes_a.html

amd_sherlock_holmes.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
Middletown CT this Saturday and Sunday

MIDDLETOWN — You can almost hear a mad scientist laughing as Joey Marsocci walks toward the talking brain in a jar across the room.

Marsocci, co-owner and lead designer for local prop-making company Steam Gear Labs, is exhibiting a collection of his work for two more days at the MAC 650 Artspace Gallery at 650 Main St.

The exhibit, Steampunk Bizarre, is holding a closing party tonight and will be open limited hours Saturday and Sunday.

Steampunk Bizarre features two independent artists as well as five from Marsocci’s team at Steam Gear Labs, a prop and film production design business on Church Street in Middletown. Steam Gear Labs produces custom built props and creatures of the Steampunk genre as well as designs for science fiction and horror movie studios.

http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2009/05/21/news/doc4a161ed57e77b568089555.txt

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I love the idea of steampunk...my other favorite era is Victorian/Edwardian, so it makes sense for me. I just wish it would catch on somewhere near me.

On a side note, I live up the street from the New England Wireless and Steam Museum! I still have yet to go to one of their Yankee Steam-Ups.

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Story said:
LAS VEGAS - Leave it to Robert Downey Jr. to turn Sherlock Holmes into a wisecracking action hero who ends up handcuffed naked to a bed.

Downey offered a sneak peek Tuesday of "Sherlock Holmes," his new take on the cerebral detective created by Arthur Conan Doyle.

Theater owners attending their annual ShoWest convention got to see Downey's Holmes in a bruising boxing match, diving from a tall building into London's Thames River and trading barbs with roommate Dr. Watson (Jude Law), who complains about the detective's slovenliness and nocturnal violin playing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...robert_downey_jr_gives_sherlock_holmes_a.html

amd_sherlock_holmes.jpg

I'm adding this to my to-see list for sure! Seeing it also cause me to buy this gem for $1 at Joann's Memorial Day Sale. I have big plans for this one as it includes both the men's and women's pattern (my poor boyfriend ;) )
2581.jpg

Edward

Bartender
GranadaGuy617 said:
I was scouring the interwebs for examples of work wear and came upon this...

http://flyingfortress.wordpress.com/2008/06/03/dieselpunk-for-the-war-effort/

To me this is interesting. I didn't know about dieselpunk.

There are a few comments about Dieselpunk in the Steampunk thread - that's where I first heard of it, myself. It does definitely appeal to me (I'd group things like The Rocketeer and, from the time, King of the Rocketmen in there). I like the Steampunk ideal too, though Dieselpunk has more instant appeal to me, for obvious reasons.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
I was just thinking that myself...if its on a forward axis, and the movement of the legs would cause it to sway forward and back. The modern segway is based on the principal of having your legs being rigid and using something like natural forward momentum. I wonder if this one is feasible...hmmm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW