Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steampunk, Dieselpunk, etc.

Mike K.

One Too Many
With any luck I'll have enough time to build one of these this fall...
M19.jpg

I gave the link for the keyboard earlier, but here's the link for the LCD monitor.
http://steampunkworkshop.com/lcd.shtml
I think the ideal CPU case would be an old radio (like those posted on another thread somewhere in the Lounge).

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Were just hip that way ;)

LD

Are you from Boston LD?

It was very odd that I just started seriously exploring Steampunk and there's the article. Hopefully this doesn't mean it's over!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
imoldfashioned said:
Are you from Boston LD?

Nope, but the genera has been around for ever :)

I remember catching onto it with the Back to the Future craze. It was kinda new then. Its mainly pushed in Anime (which Im not a big fan of). Its the astetic of the technology that I think is getting the big attention. Instead of the futuristic look of everything, why cant there be a mahogony enclosure with brass handels and wooden pegs. It would look cool.

A great example of it is the compute colsole in that Robin Williams movie 'The Final Cut'. Great computer!
wood1.jpg

LD

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here are a couple of books set in the Steampunk milieu.

Steamboy by Sadayuki Murai, translated by Naoko Amemiya. VIZ Media Fiction, 2005.

The Light Ages by Ian MacLeod, ACE Science Fiction, 2003.

I have another book around here somewhere but can't locate it. I'll post it when I find it.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Here are a couple of books set in the Steampunk milieu.

Steamboy by Sadayuki Murai, translated by Naoko Amemiya. VIZ Media Fiction, 2005.

I've heard good things about the film of Steamboy too. I watched Sleepy Hollow the other night--fantastic steampunky production design.

In other news--

Another amazing monogoggle:

2b73_12.jpg

Some affordable boots posted at Steamfashion that I want:

ff_ia51149.jpg

Story

I'll Lock Up
A Steampunk-worthy automatic weapon design

Charlton1.jpg

Designed and built during those desperate days when the Japanese were on the verge of overrunning the entire western Pacific, this New Zealand weapon is an automatic conversion of a bolt action rifle. Like some of the fanciful weapons used in THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAODINARY GENTLEMEN, 'tres Steampunk a la mode Jules Verne, mais non?

A copy can be yours, for a mere $10k NZ.
http://www.guncity.co.nz/303-charlton-machine-gun-xidp129426.html

lol I didn't even look at the filename, that was just attempting to crack wise... I figured since they had Seatroopers, Sandtroopers, Spacetroopers and Snowtroopers, why not Steamtroopers too?:D Is this a case of great minds thinking alike, or just warped ones?;)

Shearer said:
Well, I couldn't just let it be named DSC7498 or whatever ;)
Why not? Troopers were identified by such codes, remember? "TK421, why aren't you at your post?"

Shearer

Practically Family
MrBern said:
Last nite I viewed the trailer for the next AlienVsPredator movie.
Unfortunate to regard such fabulous designs squandered on a crap project.

So once again Shearer makes my day

Musta been a slooooow day if all it takes is some metal Giger art lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points