Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON 3X BEAVER

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Good one!

So, you're the one who won that one, Diego! I was watching it, but didn't bid. It sure is a beauty. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Enjoy!
Tom

D

dzacca

Yes, that's me! :)

It looks good to me. One of the little 7 3/8 vintage on eBay that are not a mess, at least as far I cal see from the photos...

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a Stetson 3X with the mode edge and same
brim width. It's one of my favorite hats. You're
going to like this one.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have said it before the 3X line is my favorite Stetson weight. For me it is the most versatile.

Yes, those 3X Stetson Fifteens are great, great hats. Mine isn't mode edge, but wonderful felt.

AllHats11.jpg

bk

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
You did well Diego. I have yet to be disappointed with any of my Vintage Stetsons. That vintage Stetson far surpasses the workmanship of this sterling mess (see photo), that I am sure sold for considerably more. I bet the mode edge on yours is uniform in width with evenly spaced stitching. Compared to the brim binding of this high dollar imitation that looks just awful. It is hard to imagine anyone would put their name on such a slap happy mess.

001.jpg

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Bud-n-Texas said:
You did well Diego. I have yet to be disappointed with any of my Vintage Stetsons. That vintage Stetson far surpasses the workmanship of this sterling mess (see photo), that I am sure sold for considerably more. I bet the mode edge on yours is uniform in width with evenly spaced stitching. Compared to the brim binding of this high dollar imitation that looks just awful. It is hard to imagine anyone would put their name on such a slap happy mess.

001.jpg

That hat is wavy gravey for sure. :eek: Looks like a raw body with a ribbon. They need to talk to Art Fawcett about how to pounce a hat and do a bound edge.

dzacca

New in Town
Ok.. here we go... again...

I've been stupid enough to change my email in the board, obviously using a gmail account... :eusa_doh: so the board automatically deleted my old account... :(

Well... what is done is done... [huh]

By the way, I'm almost sure that the 3X will be heavily smelling, it seems to have been stocked for many years, any suggestion for getting rid of the smell?

dzacca

New in Town
Finally back from holidays... :(

Well.. the good news is that the hat is PERFECT!!! :D
No stains or mots, it's almost clean, perfect size, it just needs a minor cleaning.

I'll be quite busy during the next few days (I've got two work interviews in London and Oxford on Wednesday and Thursday). I'll post a few pics as soon as possible, but I'll surely wear this one with my new pinstriped suits when in London. ;)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
dzacca, It looks like that prediction that you would not be disappointed has come true. I know i'd be pleased! Looking good. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

dzacca

New in Town
J.T.Marcus said:
dzacca, It looks like that prediction that you would not be disappointed has come true. I know i'd be pleased! Looking good. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Yes, absolutely NOT disappointed :)

This hat is marvelous! Extremely soft, so lightweight that you can hardly feel it on you head, keeps the shape with no problem... This one will definitely come with me to London tomorrow :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner