Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON 7x CLEAR BEAVER QUALITY

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
002hdk.jpg

Nice

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Open Road 7XCB.

The eBay seller claimed the hat had never been creased or worn - I could just make out a very feint outline of a previous crease, but the hat is essentially brand new. Much softer felt than my previous (now sold) OR style 7X and thinner than the Mode Edge one.

Great hat to wear!

D336470-L.jpg

D336477-L.jpg

D336480-L.jpg

D336485-L.jpg

D336482-L.jpg

The OR posing with my Mode Edge 7X.
D336493-L.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
David; That is definately a keeper. It looks like it is in magnificant condition and has all of the features that make a 7X truly a highly desirable Stetson model.

Congrats on the the aquisition. Wear it often as the hat is surely a stunning looking hat. The felt looks so darn luxurious in your pics. It is a hat that I find would myself reaching to touch, even though it would not be allowed. It has that unique visual of soft, but pliable. Notable visually, but hard to describe.

It reminds me that, with similar feeling, I reached out to touch a Rembrandt painting I was really spending lots of time looking at. I had made a special trip to this location to see this particular painting. For quite some time I had sat /stood and viwed this painting. It imparted feeling visually and empathically I desired to expand my sense of the painting to touch. It just "asked" me to touch it. Feeling the strokes of the color would complete the experience. Yes, I admit that I reached out. I knew full well that touching was forbad, but I reached. Fortunately I stopped, but the instinct was deep within me. I did stop. Initially I was confused that I might break with the social convention to touch such a painting, but I rationalized that the painting provoked the repsonse. I did stop, so my social more's were strong. Anywhoooo, your hat elicitis the same response. I desire to touch that luxurious felt. I will not of course, but the desire is within me. I hope my sharing is a shared experience.

Quite a hat sir! I hope to see it often on the Waht Are You Wearing thread.

Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Ale - how are you liking your thin ribbon hat; the Stratoliner. I don't recall seeing it for a while.

Eric - I know what you mean, there are many things that are just begging to be touched, but we are strictly banned from doing so.

The painting is a good example – you just want to be able to experience the texture, trace the brushstrokes… Sometimes just the sense of sight alone isn’t enough.

And thank you for the comment on the 7X. I was really pleased to be able to acquire this one, great to be able to have some nice vintage hats to go along with the modern custom ones.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Open Road 7XCB.

The eBay seller claimed the hat had never been creased or worn - I could just make out a very feint outline of a previous crease, but the hat is essentially brand new. Much softer felt than my previous (now sold) OR style 7X and thinner than the Mode Edge one.

Great hat to wear!

David, congrats to that stunning, marvelous and incredible 7X.
I hope, I have nothing forgotten.. Thats a Jackpot.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks again, Josh.

I'm very lucky, this is essentially a brand new hat. Probably had more wear in the last 2 days than in the previous 50 years or so.

I love the fact that such things are still out there - just waiting for someone like us to discover them and put them to their intended use.

flyingfish

New in Town
Hi there folks,

I recently acquired this 7x clear beaver quality Stetson. I haven't received it yet; I imagine it is currently flying across the Pacific Ocean on its way to me. I know nothing about its provenance, date of manufacture etc. It seems like an Open Road style to me, but isn't marked as an Open Road. Also, the brim is three inches, which is wider than an Open Road. Can anyone play Sherlock Holmes and give me any clues about this hat?

Picture2_zps1178f6ba.png

Picture1_zps61464363.png

Picture7_zpscaca20dc.png

Picture4_zps226f2e8c.png

Picture5_zpsdaa4fcc3.png

Picture9_zpsa145b095.png

Picture7_zpscaca20dc.png

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A top of the line Stetson, for sure. I don't know that it's settled what the best Open Road level is--7x clear beaver or Stetson 100. Either one is worth having. I have a 7x, also with a wide brim. Congratulations on going for that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran