Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON 7x CLEAR BEAVER QUALITY

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Sweet hat, and in great condition!! Enjoy it.

View attachment 178041 View attachment 178042 View attachment 178043 View attachment 178044 View attachment 178045

Anxiously awaiting what may be the last hat I buy, sellers photos above of the beautiful 7X currently enroute to SoCal. Paid a premium, but looking at the condition I’m not sure I’d ever find another this well maintained. Plus this ticks almost every box I was hoping to check (50’s, 7XCB, ‘Last Drop’, OR specs) just missing the OR designation. Happy compromise though because I’ve yet to see a 50’s 7X OR with the Last Drop liner, only Westerns. Will post ‘action shots’ when it arrives.

Edited a few times to finally get the pics up.
F3208382-0DC6-4019-B40E-8C8D52199660_zpssf7phzub.jpeg

View attachment 178041 View attachment 178042 View attachment 178043 View attachment 178044 View attachment 178045

Anxiously awaiting what may be the last hat I buy, sellers photos above of the beautiful 7X currently enroute to SoCal. Paid a premium, but looking at the condition I’m not sure I’d ever find another this well maintained. Plus this ticks almost every box I was hoping to check (50’s, 7XCB, ‘Last Drop’, OR specs) just missing the OR designation. Happy compromise though because I’ve yet to see a 50’s 7X OR with the Last Drop liner, only Westerns. Will post ‘action shots’ when it arrives.

Very nice indeed! Be careful, you’ll probably eat those words about it being your last hat... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

I’m always happy to see another lounge member pick up one of the nicest Stetsons ever made!! Imho
It always brings back fond memories of the anticipation and excitement of the hunt and awaiting arrival. Then the elation of handling for the first time.
That’s a fine example Ross Young, thanks for sharing.
Also, i’m not sure there is a Last Drop with the Open Road distinction. I’ve never seen, heard or read of one.
X distinctions, yes, 100s, yes, but OR idk. Maybe other’s have seen them and can clarify.
Good get!!
Bowen

Last edited:

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Thank you, Bowen. I must admit the anticipation is disrupting my sleep and I’ve must of looked at these pictures dozens of times already, excitement to say the very least!

Regarding the designation, I should have been more precise. I had meant an Open Road embossing on the sweat vs the liner itself. I have seen OR 3X with last drop liner, but never a 7X Embossed OR with last drop. Every 50’s example I’ve seen has the gold emblem liner for proper OR 7Xs. That’s why this hat I believe would just be considered or sold as a western since OR isn’t stamped anywhere. I’ll be sure to do a careful peak behind the sweat to see if there are any reorder tags etc.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Bowen. I must admit the anticipation is disrupting my sleep and I’ve must of looked at these pictures dozens of times already, excitement to say the very least!

Regarding the designation, I should have been more precise. I had meant an Open Road embossing on the sweat vs the liner itself. I have seen OR 3X with last drop liner, but never a 7X Embossed OR with last drop. Every 50’s example I’ve seen has the gold emblem liner for proper OR 7Xs. That’s why this hat I believe would just be considered or sold as a western since OR isn’t stamped anywhere. I’ll be sure to do a careful peak behind the sweat to see if there are any reorder tags etc.
Hey Ross:
That’s what i was referring to as well. OR stamping on the sweatband with an embroidered Last Drop liner. Not to my knowledge but soon as you say that up pops one. So there’s still hope! Lol
B

I’m always happy to see another lounge member pick up one of the nicest Stetsons ever made!! Imho
It always brings back fond memories of the anticipation and excitement of the hunt and awaiting arrival. Then the elation of handling for the first time.
That’s a fine example Ross Young, thanks for sharing.
Also, i’m not sure there is a Last Drop with the Open Road distinction. I’ve never seen, heard or read of one.
X distinctions, yes, 100s, yes, but OR idk. Maybe other’s have seen them and can clarify.
Good get!!
Bowen
I may be misunderstanding you, B, but my wife has a 3X Last Drop with the OR designation.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, sure, rub it in fella's! The 7X CB seems to elude some of us despite our best efforts :)

Great looking hats, all!

Another great straw find, Randy. Mayser seem to keep coming up with new Panamas. That one is in the same family as my two.
Now, which one of your straws is taking a trip to Sweden? [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

^^^i knew the truth would come out. Best way to find out is to make a statement in error. I don’t mind being wrong.
Thanks gents!!
Bo
Ps: what a dumb a**. I’ve got one sitting on the back of my couch!!
I kneel abased.
B

I thought everyone did...

22101557492_0e88a55429_z.jpg

Congrats on the beautiful Last Drop 7X @Ross Young ! Livin' the dream.

J Williams

Practically Family
So this hat arrived yesterday. I believe it's around the mid 60's mark but it is absolutely pristine and my first vintage hat. I'm blown away at how nice this hat is. The felt is very soft and the crown has the clay like feel others have described. Special thanks to Bamaboots for letting me snag it even after procrastinating.

IMG_0916.JPEG
IMG_0922.JPEG
IMG_0917.JPEG
IMG_0923.JPEG
IMG_0929.JPEG
IMG_0932.JPEG
IMG_0934.JPEG

Last edited:

J Williams

Practically Family
Will look forward to hearing your thoughts after more time. Mine arrived Friday and I am loving the ‘break in’ period. Beautiful 7x Btw

Yeah I took it out for a wear today running some errands, despite it being too hot. Ended up taking it off and putting it back in it's box but I have never had a hat fit me so well either. I have never had a custom fitted hat but I can't imagine something fitting better, I guess that one is just dumb luck as my other 7 3/8 and 7 3/8 LO needed a little bit of a stretch. Still trying to decide if I'm just going for it and wearing this one regularly or doing my best to keep it for a once and a while occasion. Seems a shame either way to be honest.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Super nice! Wear it with pride!
So this hat arrived yesterday. I believe it's around the mid 60's mark but it is absolutely pristine and my first vintage hat. I'm blown away at how nice this hat is. The felt is very soft and the crown has the clay like feel others have described. Special thanks to Bamaboots for letting me snag it even after procrastinating.

View attachment 178472 View attachment 178481 View attachment 178473 View attachment 178477 View attachment 178478 View attachment 178479 View attachment 178480

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points