Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Flagship

derby

New in Town
DOUGLAS said:
This last one has the three rows of stitching on the underwelt that goes through the brim top and bottom. It is tagged with the original price of $12.50. It also has a more narrow ribbon than my brown one.
REAL NICE FLAGSHIP!! JIMMY

derby

New in Town
jimmy the lid said:
Here is a mid-40's Royal Stetson DeLuxe Flagship in Sage. The felt is a medium thickness, soft and malleable. I just love the weight of this felt -- it's very similar to the thickness and feel of early-50's Stetson 3X fedoras. The liner is embroidered. The sweat is intact and supple. In general, this lid has survived in excellent condition...

SageStetsonFlagship.jpg

Flagship-1.jpg

FlagshipLiner.jpg

FlagshipLinerLogo.jpg

FlagshipSweatLogo.jpg

FlagshipSweat-1.jpg

FlagshipSweat-2.jpg

Flagship-2.jpg

Flagship-3.jpg

Flagship.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
DUH Got it now. NICE FLAGSHIP!

barrowjh

One Too Many
As Requested by JTL

Here is my Flagship:
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

The last picture says Samuels Oak Ridge TN That was a local haberdashery that closed before I moved here; I bought it on OFAS from a lady in Texas.

Here is that ad:
BingCrosbyFlagshipAd.jpg

I just made that pic and uploaded it from from this ebay item, current as of the date of this post, for $9, seller insists they are all originals - http://cgi.ebay.com/1948-Bing-Crosb...temQQimsxZ20100122?IMSfp=TL100122225010r12582

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Abolutely beautiful Flagship, John -- and in pristine condition, no less. Very, very nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks for posting it!

Cheers,
JtL

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tan Stetson Flagship

I wanted to take a moment and share my Royal Stetson Flagship. It is with courage that I humbly share my hat in this thread that contains so many great Flagships in every color, that are presented so artistically.

Photo%20on%202011-06-02%20at%2011.40.jpg

I hope the pic brings across the rich tan color of the felt and the mint condition of the hat overall. The wind trolley and rbbon are matching. The aged ribbon does show some patina, light yellowing, of the top and bottom of the ribbon. No wear or sunlight bleaching, just patina. Some call it antique, I call it old.:)

Photo%20on%202011-06-02%20at%2011.39%203.jpg

The leather band and liner is in terrific condition - minty. The color staining is again from patina, not wear. The band is mint, but a lower quality than many other hats in Stetson's line up at this time. I am suprised that a hat of this quality of felt does not have a higher quality leather band. The edge has an underwelt (similar to other posters pics).

Photo%20on%202011-06-02%20at%2011.38%202.jpg

The hat dimensions and eye appeal is great. Appeal is certainly in the eye of the beholder, and this hat benefits from classical size and shape that appeals to many. When I am wearing this hat I get more nods and positive comments from non-hat wearing folks than my other hats.

Thanks for allowing me to share my Flagship with you.

HatsEnough

Banned
My Flagship and its proper hat box…

stetsonflagship01.jpg

stetsonflagship08.jpg

stetsonflagship04.jpg

stetsonflagshippin09.jpg

To tell the truth, this one is a bit beaten up and I'd like to get one in better shape to replace it. But, I got the cheapest deal ever on it. It was only $20. I bought it with a stack of junk hats, old beat up farmer straws, crappy woolies, etc. (All of which I simply threw out but the one that fit my son and that I gave to him)

But stuck in that pile was the Flagship. I spruced it up a bit and put the Constellation Class airplane pin on it I had sitting around (I know this one did not come with a pin originally. I just like the way the pin looks on the hat)

I had the original Flagship box before I got the hat. I thought it was cool and bought on speculation that I;d eventually get a hat to put in it.

I have to say, this model must have been short lived. It does not show up on ebay very often!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
New Stetson Flagship - buckskin colored

Lucky I'm Not the Jealous type! Or so the Stetson Flagship advertisement that I have in my dressing room reads. Jealousy is not a selling or motivational feature for me. However the Stetson Fedora -Flagship is appealing.

IMG7838-M.jpg

Good day folks. I would like to share my newly adopted Stetson Flagship. This is my second hat of this model. I anticipate to be able to get lots of enjoyable wear from this hat. My first Flagship regularly gets worn. I mostly wear it as a casual about the town hat. This hat is a cold weather hat, as the felt is of a heavier weight. I have that hat in a center dent.

I picked up a what could be a NOS hat but aquired from a local estate sale. It was in a box marked "kids clothes." The hat was in open crown and slightly mashed by some other knit winter hats. The liner and leather band are pristine. You can see a pic of the hat below;

IMG7825-M.jpg

This evening I lightly brushed and steamed the hat. I used a bunch of water and steam to get the pictured creases in it. I will keep this hat in this crease as a contrast to the center dent.

The hat is taller and has a slight taper (to my eyes) in contrast to Stetson's Stratoliner with less height and no noticable taper. I see the differences and when wearing the hat they are even more obvious to my eye. The two hats were in advertisements together. The Flagship was priced higher and was advertised as an up choice from the Stratoliner. The felt on the Flagship is thicker, and has a heavier weight to the hand and eye. It drapes like a softer western felt. It is not a western felt in either stiffness or pouncing, but has a similiarity, IMO. The 3 rows of stitching and the material folded underneath have been documented in this thread. My new hat has this feature. The ribbon is attractive and well done. The visual is one of a very neat and tidy look. This hat has a wind trolley and the button is bigger than my other. It is covered in ribbon material - this is a classy and attractive feature.

IMG7826-M.jpg

IMG7827-M.jpg

I have included below some pics of both the Flagship and the Stratoliner for your viewing. Pictured together, they are very different looking hats. If I did know about the old advertisements and history of the models, I would be hard pressed to see lots of similarities. In the future I will post up pics wearing this hat. The slight taper gives me the impression that I should wear it within more casual situations and attire. That is certainly different than the Stetson advertisements.

IMG7840-M.jpg

IMG7846-M.jpg

Stetson Flagship - Right For Going Places!

Thanks, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Lefty. I can not wait until cooler weather to wear the airplane themed fedoras. They are "Right For Traveling in Style," when I am flying or driving about. Eric -

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That is beautiful, SBG. Now tell me what that black one is in the first pic! I love the combination of black with copper/brown trim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana