Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson One-Hundred

Here is a 1960s era One-Hundred. It come with the original case with acrylic inserts and lock keys. This hat was never sold to a consumer... it has no store imprint or owner initials. It was unworn when I received it and has been worn by me once or twice. Size is 7 1/8. The felt is moldable and the brim flexible enough to be snapped up or down easily. While the overall condition is as new, there are two marks on the felt at the top of the crown. The camera shows them and I would say accentuates them more prominently than they appear in person... but the felt is so smooth and pristine that they are noticeable. The case has a couple of very light white scuffs. than these notes, the condition is as new.

$390 plus shipping cost.

1001.jpg

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

1006.jpg

1007.jpg

1008.jpg

1009.jpg

1010.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
My oh my, REAL precious felt for less than what some doggy's cost PLUS a carrying case. Glad I'm rational and wouldn't consider a bit of a stretch to fit. This can't last long.

Last edited:

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
That sir is a mouth watering hat if I ever saw one. The chances of me finding one in that condition with a case in that condition in a 7 5/8 is about as good as us balancing the budget in the U.S. this year!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez....Santa should grab this one quick......wonderful hat from a top notch guy. Case and all, too! Please someone buy these so the rest of us can cry in private!LOL!

Feel free to contact me via email (you need 15 posts to private message). You can use the contact link from my website, linked in my signature.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
You did say adopt,I know a real good home and I'd guarantee it would be well looked after?You had to put it up just before Christmas,that's not even playing fair(haha)she's a beaut...ummmm

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
The Stetson 100 was the most expensive hat Stetson produced at the time. Like the 7x Clear Beaver hats the 100s are pure, undyed silverbelly felt. They also came in those really nice locking leather cases.

A Stetson 100 was priced at $100 in the 1950s. The 7X Clear Beaver was $50, the Stetson 25 was $25 and the 3X Beaver Quality was $15. When the Stratoliner was first sold in 1941, it cost $6.50 - the Playboy, $5.

This hat was manufactured in the 1960s. If you could the same hat from Stetson today, inflation alone would bring it over $700. Unfortunately you can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner