Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Sheridan???????

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
msm007 said:
Anyone own or have experience with a Steston Sheridan hat? It is made out of Buffalo felt? Anyone got any pictures wearing it?

http://www.stetsonhat.com/products_detail.php?id=272
I have not seen the Sheridan, but I do have an older Resistol Bison made from buffalo felt. The material is quite thick and stiff and the texture falls in between wool and fur felt. It looks like wool, but has a soft nap. I hope that helps.

Edit:
It looks like I got the brand wrong, so I corrected it.

msm007

One of the Regulars
Thanks, how well does the material stand up to the elements? I was told that it is very durable?

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
msm007 said:
Thanks, how well does the material stand up to the elements? I was told that it is very durable?
I actually inherited the hat and don't wear it much, so I really couldn't say. Maybe someone else has more experience with buffalo felt [huh].

Chinaski

One Too Many
I have this hat, which is part of the buffalo collection:

http://www.stetsonhat.com/products_detail.php?id=517

Most people here don't like buffalo felt and think of it as an unrefined novelty. It would not make a nice dress hat due to the thickness and lack of finish. For a western hat, I find it to be a fabulous lid. I like it's "course" character. As I am located in the west and wear it in southwest environs, I've never really tested it in anything other than heat/sun (no rain.) Mine is about four years old and none the worse for wear. I wear it hiking frequently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails