Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stratoliner Milan {modern}

carldelo

One Too Many
I like the gray, it seems lighter than my gray Capricorn, which is a dark blue-gray.

FWIW, I am returning my too-large size 7-3/4 Strat in sand - it measures out to 7-7/8. I have it listed now on the classifieds. If any of you large-noggin types have been coveting this lid, get in touch in the next week or so before I receive the return label.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Salty, would you post a another picture of it? The one you have looks a bit foggy making it hard to see. Also what are your impressions? does it feel plastic-y? too sitff?
My sand is scheduled to be delivered today. Might have to return it and get the gray.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Salty, would you post a another picture of it? The one you have looks a bit foggy making it hard to see. Also what are your impressions? does it feel plastic-y? too sitff?
My sand is scheduled to be delivered today. Might have to return it and get the gray.

I'll try to get some sharper pics tonight; that one was taken with my phone and that's as sharp as it gets. Hat is not stiff at all, seems the same as any other Milan I've had. Not plasticky either.

I like the gray; I have a bunch of natural straws already and only one other gray one, a vintage Adam stingy that doesn't get much head time, is about the same color. Adam called it Pewter.

Last edited:
My Sand colored one just arrived. Fits nicely. The brim is 2 1/2 in the front but measures 2 5/8 on the sides.
The brim is flanged severely & needs some tweaking.
I also got an Atwood Austin that comes in 7 5/8 Long Oval. Fits like a glove.
Will be wetting the palm leaf to reshape....stay tuned....

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family

Took these at noon-time today outdoors, in full and partial sunlight, with better camera:

7024516667_27f4b2e4ed_c.jpg

7024518461_3070b2f96e_c.jpg

6878417186_3618b1fe37_c.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Salty! thanks for those. I am seriously considering exchanging. Mine hasn't arrived yet... it's in truck out for delivery.

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
My Sand colored one just arrived. Fits nicely. The brim is 2 1/2 in the front but measures 2 5/8 on the sides.
The brim is flanged severely & needs some tweaking.
I also got an Atwood Austin that comes in 7 5/8 Long Oval. Fits like a glove.
Will be wetting the palm leaf to reshape....stay tuned....

Where did you get the Austin? Online or local?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mine just came. Pluses: I was surprised at how soft it actually is. Ordered a 7 1/8 and fits me like a glove. Lighter than I thought it'd be.
Cons: Brim flange has way too much swoop in the back and sides. The pin is seriously and nothing else than a joke, cheapest thing I've ever seen even for a low priced hat. The ribbon is placed unevenly and it rides too hight in some places. It needs a better pair of dimples. Here's where . I'll post the before and after shots when I'm done with the flanging, ribbon tweaking and dimple shaping ;)

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
All right, here we go.

Before:

IMG_3089.jpg

After, with slightly deeper side dimples/pinches. (fancy photo, too :D)

G-2.jpg

Before with crazy brim curl:

IMG_3090.jpg

After I flanged it flatter all around:

IMG_3119.jpg

Another side shot:

H-3.jpg

Over all, a decent quality, nice looking hat I think I'm going to enjoy wearing when needing a hat that, if something happens to it, it wouldn't be a tragedy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic