Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stratoliner Milan {modern}

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
H-3.jpg

GREAT WORK, Ale!! I usually don't buy modern "straw" hats, but after seeing what can be done with some steam and a flange, it may be worth picking one up just as a "knock around" hat. I would hate to see a vintage panama or Milan get destroyed from over use, but a modern Stetson milan would be perfect. If only the crown was a bit higher from the factory.....but then again, isn't that the common saying with modern Stetson models?

Again, great work!!:eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks you, Josh. I agree, this will be my know-around hat. For going camping and hiking, activities forbidden for my finer straws.
Don't forget the sandbag for the flange ;)

I think the Xs have something to do with how many beavers it took to gnaw down the palm tree....

This model has a VERY low crown, not much to work with in changing from the alpine factory crease.
It also has some coating to give it an even color as the water soaking of the crown has changed both stiffness & shade somewhat = looks more like natural palm leaf like my Sunbody.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Tom. Coming from you it means a lot. I know how you like your strats to be strats. (did that make sense? lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic