Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stratoliner Milan {modern}

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Well I stopped by my local Dillard's to see if they had sold any Milan Strat's in the last two weeks. An the answer is no all 6 hats are still there. So while they may be selling on the internet. I think mainly due to this forum they are not selling when they are just sitting on a shelf and waiting for someone to walk by and purchase one. Will be keeping an eye on them might be able to snag the sand colored one at mark down in the future.:)

RBH

Bartender
Our local Dillards does not carry the new Stratoliner. The hats they do have seem to move very slowly, yet I do see quite a few folk wearing Stetsons around the town. [they look to be Stetson hats]

By the way I recieved my white one and it is WHITE!
I will keep it but the sand is a much nicer color.
This one will be for dresser times this summer.
I hope to post a shot or two soon.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I was in Dillard's after Xmas this year. I hadn't been there since roughly mid-December 2007 otherwise. Our mall is kind of a has been.

Later

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Thought I would post a picture of my Gray Strat next to my VS Open Road milan.

web.jpg

As you can see the crown of the hat is a little lower on the Strat. The weave of the milan is not as open.

web.jpg

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
This is the story of how I bought my Milan Stratoliner. On march 19, I emailed Henry the Hatter in Detroit, asking if they carried the Stratoliner in Milan. Joe replied that this was not a hat that they normally stocked,but they could order one.There would be a special order fee of $15.00 added to the original price of $88.00, and it would take 4-6 weeks to come in. I emailed back asking for the total price shipped to Ontario, Canada, and was told that would cost $15.00, for a total of $118.00. I now called back and said to go ahead and order me one,and paid the $118.00, fully aware it would be subject to taxes and customs fees when the hat crossed the border.On April 27, I got a call from Joe, saying that my hat had arrived, but when he took it to the post office he was told it would be another $12.00.
I paid the additional 12 bucks postage, and today, after paying another $10.93 HST. and $8.50 handling fee to Canada Post, received my new hat.The point of this post is not to complain. I understand that a retailer has no control over any of those charges. I do wish they had been more aware of the actual mailing costs, but I also know that it is still cheaper than having to get in my car and drive for two hours, pay the toll to cross the border and park, pick up my hat and drive back home. I just wanted to illustrate how my $88.00 turned into $149.43.
The hat arrived in fine shape, and I like it. I also like Henry The Hatter. I wish cross border hat purchasing was easier.(on the wallet, the actual purchasing process was fairly simple)

Last edited:

Hoyt Clagwell

One of the Regulars
Folks not taking to the 'airplane' may be why we cant find a vintage Stratoliner with a pin still on it.

I know the Statoliner pin isn't as nice as a vintage one, but it is somthing a little different.When people ask about it (or make fun of it) It gives me an opportunity to explain about the original namesake.
The hat itself is a rather nice hat, although mine has the same brim issues mentioned in several other posts.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have a milan Strat traded from LandMan, and I like it very much, the plane pin stays, and I tell anyone that would ask, (if you look real close you can see into the first class seating compartment).....

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
I wish the airplane pin on mine would "stayeth"! I have lost it three times, the last time for a couple of weeks. Found it on a trail I hike a lot. A little worse for wear, and a piece of the tail was broken off, :eusa_doh:but .......nah, I don't think I will put it back on this time!:D

mando

New in Town
Just got in a new milan stratoliner , has any one figured out how to reduce some of the curl in the brim?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW