Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stuff

4spurs

One of the Regulars
What do the colors "Belgain Belly" and "Beaver Belly" look like?

I was nearly going blind reading the old Stetson advertisments posted earlier in this thread and came across some colors that I wondered about.

If you look back in this thread at post # 69 down in the right corner you will see a nutria hat that comes in the color "Belgian Belly."

If you look at post #76 you will see a 3X beaver hat called the Pony Express that comes in "Buckskin or Beaver Belly" colors.

I recently won an old western Stetson that came in its original box, the hat is a light tan, or sahara color, on the outside of the box is a paper label, half of the label was torn off, but on the half that remains it says "belly."

Since the hat is not "silver belly" I am wondering if it might be "Belgian" or "Beaver" belly or some other "belly." How many bellies did Stetson have? Any guesses, or actual knowledge, will be apprciated. Thanks.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
These are my very favorite things from digging on the Stetson U archive a few years ago.

Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive and Dodge
stetsondelandgirlsn.jpg

This is how I wear a 7 3/4 with no padding. Part Zorro, part strange guy from Fat Albert. Chicks dig it.
stetsonmascotn.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These are my very favorite things from digging on the Stetson U archive a few years ago.

Dodge, Dip, Duck, Dive and Dodge
stetsondelandgirlsn.jpg

This is how I wear a 7 3/4 with no padding. Part Zorro, part strange guy from Fat Albert. Chicks dig it.
stetsonmascotn.jpg

See, now that's my idea of dating vintage Stetsons. When single I would have done it in a minute.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Great, as always.
I love that the San An is a "medium size" hat, for those who don't want the cranial parachute, but still want something absolutely huge.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A couple of cool photos from the Stetson University Archives. Two publicity pictures from the Stetson 100th Anniversary. I'll take one of each in 7 1/4.

See more pics at - > StetsonUnivArchives

B

stetson_100th_anniversary_publicity_shot_1965_large.jpg

Interesting shots. I found it interesting in this one of non western hats there is not a single teardrop or c-crown crease ! The all appear to be center dent based creases :)

Shows their good taste.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Old Stetson Hat Box, I am by no means a hat or hat accessory expert, at all. I'm guessing 1960s?
GEDC0923.jpg

Hey, that looks almost exactly like my vintage Stetson hat box! The lighting in my room is a little more "green," but that's basically what mine looks like. Yours just looks to be in better condition. Maybe your hat box could be as old as mine, that being either late 1940s, early 1950s?

Here's mine for comparison:

Photoon2010-10-22at2043.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24