Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stuff

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ghenrystetson1925-1.jpg

Mr. and Mr.s G. Henry Stetson
request the pleasure of
Mr. Dudley Kellogg's
company at the Philadelphia, Cricket Club
on Thursday, Decmeber twenty-first 1925
at eight o'clock
to Meet the Misses Stetson
Elkins Park PA

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A couple of cool photos from the Stetson University Archives. Two publicity pictures from the Stetson 100th Anniversary. I'll take one of each in 7 1/4.

See more pics at - > StetsonUnivArchives

stetson_100th_anniversary_publicity_shot_1965_large.jpg

Sometime I would like to study such displays more closely and with more examples. It helps me to "eyeball" a hat style and guess the decade. I know there is a recognizable progression. Maybe someday a hat scholar will make a book about that.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler -- thanks a million for posting all of that. Fantastic! The ad echoes some of the models being offered in the Stetson material -- and these same models match up with those offered in the Miller Stockman catalogues from the early/mid 50's (if I recall correctly) that have been posted here. Very interesting. I had always wondered whether those catalogues came up with their own names for those Stetson westerns, or whether they were actually denominated as such by Stetson. Looks like this answers the question.

And, buler -- take a look at the U.S. Forest Service Field Hat. It is exactly the style of the 3X I got from you -- right down to the crown/brim dimensions! That fits completely -- given that the felt/ribbon combo on that lid was a match to a New York State Conservation Service hat, also made by Stetson. Very cool.

Great stuff.

Cheers,
JtL

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up
And, buler -- take a look at the U.S. Forest Service Field Hat. It is exactly the style of the 3X I got from you -- right down to the crown/brim dimensions! That fits completely -- given that the felt/ribbon combo on that lid was a match to a New York State Conservation Service hat, also made by Stetson. Very cool.

Great stuff.

Cheers,
JtL

I know it reminded me of that right away. Still want that exact hat in my size!

B

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler -- I just have to say again what a great find this is. While we are all familiar with Stetson dress hats, we have never (to the best of my knowledge) seen original source material from Stetson itself cataloguing its western styles. Great stuff. Could you describe the nature of what is presented here? In other words, is it a pamphlet of some sort?

Cheers,
JtL

buler

I'll Lock Up
buler -- I just have to say again what a great find this is. While we are all familiar with Stetson dress hats, we have never (to the best of my knowledge) seen original source material from Stetson itself cataloguing its western styles. Great stuff. Could you describe the nature of what is presented here? In other words, is it a pamphlet of some sort?

Cheers,
JtL

I found it on the Stetson University Archives site. Also found a 1954 Annual Report that I haven't posted yet. I'm still digging around there.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24