Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Temple

EggHead

Practically Family
Thanks Jeff. About the Buck color. I just saw Stetson Brewster in buck. There are felt Brewsters and straw Brewsters, this one was felt. Looked really nice "in person", suede finish. My understanding though that both are summer hats, no liners and cloth sweatband. The quality of felt is close to Sovereign.

fmw

One Too Many
Good deal, and I like that store so far (just ordered my first from them yesterday, a Nostalgia). But for the Whippet, I'd try the St. Jo outlet first. Quoted me $75, but didn't have the size/color I wanted.

Then it was a useless quote. I couldn't find a single on line merchant with the Whippet in caribou. The two that carry it carry only tawny (a nice color but I have one.) To get caribou requires a multi-week special order - or a quick call to the Hatco outlet store.

T Rick

Practically Family
Then it was a useless quote. I couldn't find a single on line merchant with the Whippet in caribou. The two that carry it carry only tawny (a nice color but I have one.) To get caribou requires a multi-week special order - or a quick call to the Hatco outlet store.

Well, not sure it's useless for everyone, I didn't check to see all colors and sizes available. They had my size in black, but I didn't want it in black. They did say something about being able to order hats now, but only whatever Stetson has in stock at the time I think. I'll let you know if I eventually do get one and if the $75 price is still good. In the meantime, I'm kind of mad at myself for not getting the black Open Road they had at $110 (best price I've seen for a new one), but I really wanted to diversify the collection a bit. I've ordered a Nostalgia from Garland, that should be very cool (not in stock in St Jo).

Anyway, this thread is about the Temple (sorry about the thread drift!). I might end up with one of those too! But, one hat at a time... (watching a few on eBay as always too).

fmw

One Too Many
There is no doubt I'll by any future Stetson/Resistol hats from the outlet store. Since I really like Stetson/Resistol hats I could become a pretty good customer for them. They seem to have everything and everything is cheaper than anywhere else. Low price, wide selection, same day shipping. I can't imagine what else you would want.

One Too Many
Pics you say?

13768_614897523388_11701808_36100884_2830423_n.jpg

8519_607293965978_11701808_35814447_444263_n.jpg

Temple in Mink.
I like too much this hat, because the brims is short in sides and more large in front and rear and light weight, in gray color looks also fine ¡¡¡¡¡

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
There is no doubt I'll by any future Stetson/Resistol hats from the outlet store. Since I really like Stetson/Resistol hats I could become a pretty good customer for them. They seem to have everything and everything is cheaper than anywhere else. Low price, wide selection, same day shipping. I can't imagine what else you would want.

After seeing some of these recent Stetson Fedoras I'm going to have to get over to the outlet store. It's only about 18 miles from my house :) Thanks guys for showing these hats. :)
Onward thru the Fog :)

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
2117974940106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

It is mine, the same hat, I love it ¡¡¡¡¡
I'm gonna try that look. I've got a long-sleeved guayabera in white, light khakis, and a nougat Temple. Might work for me!

In my early days of hat buying, the Stetson Temple was THE model for me. I bought several -- the nougat and mist gray (very, very light gray) I still have, a mink, a light cream that was softer than the others and with a brown ribbon, and a black. I wish I still had the mink and the cream.

They are, as people here have said, a good dress hat. I can imagine wearing my Temples with a suit, whereas I feel my Akubra Feds would look too casual for that.

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
I think there is a law against wearing anything but a Panama with a white linen guayabera.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
You have a good point, fmw. As I look back, I see the gentleman above wasn't wearing a guayabera at all, but a long-sleeved white shirt. I've got several of those.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I just received this Temple from a fellow Lounge member. I like the hat, I like the color. Though my goal isn't to look like a movie character, I do like earth tones. Not sure it goes all that well with a T-shirt, though. And I'm not completely sold on the beard, either.

DSCN0966-1.jpg

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Miller Hats is closing out Stetson Temple hats in 7 7/8 and size 8 at $100, + $15.00 shipping , it seems like a good deal. I bought one!

mrwilmoth

Familiar Face
Great looking hat! I placed my order for a Stetson Temple today! It is a great looking hat for the price, it will be a wonderful addition to the Homburg I just acquired!

Paulgtr56

New in Town
I've had my Stetson Temple for two years with zero problems. I also have a very old Borsalino I adore. The vintage Borsalino is much softer but that is only natural with age and proper care. I love my mink Temple also

ptjoe

Familiar Face
Hey Guys,
I love my Stetson Temple in black and I'm also in the market for a light colored hat.
I'm debating over the Akubra FedIV in Tawny Fawn or the Moonstone. The Moonstone has that bluish tint to it from what I can tell and i'm not thrilled by that.
The tawny is nice, but I don't know at this point if I want a hat in the brownish family.
I still like the Stetson Temple in light gray, which is the light gray color I'm looking for.
Delmonico now has the Temple in Alabaster, a very light color, looks like a white.
My Stetsons have held up great, if there is a chance of rain I take my Stetson Gable along with me, it's water repellent.
Your thoughts are welcomed.Thanks.

ptjoe

Familiar Face
I wear my black Stetson Temple with the brim down all around with a polo shirt, shorts and sandals for a very casual look and get a lot of compliments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider