Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STF Aero Bootlegger Loadsa Pics (inc's new sneak preview of new designs and a mug!)

OK, that’s enough reading this thread. I just dashed to the Aero website and pulled the trigger on a Bootlegger STF in Russet Vicenza, with the listed specs that amazingly match all my measurement. Further matching my wish are the zip sleeves, antiqued brass hardware, Locharron Tartan Lining and an added coin pocket. WTF. I had to pinch myself.

Here are the pictures of the jacket I just ordered:

cfa78e75c66d926f764293424e79c6df.jpg

d2a20e8a80c284d120ede23be207db1b.jpg

aeaf67ba9fb191a48d90cb7d2f4cd1e6.jpg

9c15b154945981231f1c15d502898e9f.jpg

Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent choice @Powerband! I think you'll find the simplicity of the BL pattern a delight to wear. Beautiful hide and I have to say, the coin pocket addition is brilliant. Please do us the favor of some fit pics when it arrives!

Last edited:
The coin pocket is an interesting addition, which significantly transforms the look, for such a small addition. Gives it a bit more of that stripped-back Perfecto-type vibe, which is pretty cool. If Aero offered armour pockets as a bolt-on option, that would be hard to beat as a motorcycle jacket.

Edward... You can simply buy the type of armor you wear over a T-shirt and under a jacket. But trust me, you'd absolutely hate wearing Aero's MC jacket off the bike if it was armored.

Heritage makers don't do armor pockets because it just doesn't work that way. You can't add armor pockets to whatever style, not without completely remaking and redesigning the pattern because believe me on this, wearing a jacket with ill fitting armor on a motorcycle is quite literally 100x more dangerous than wearing just a leather jacket. It is a huge plus that Aero doesn't do armor pockets on any of their styles. Motorcycle leather jackets are designed around armor. That's why nobody does it. They don't know how to! That's the reason not even big companies such as Schott never ventured into it, even though they certainly had the means to do so.
Proper motorcycle apparel is an industry in itself, the money and the research and development going into it is insane and doing a half-assed job and having people die out there wearing your leather jackets is something no company wants to risk.

It's really not as simple as adding a few pockets into the lining.

If you want a really safe, armored leather jacket, you absolutely must disregard your taste and go for the modern stuff. Alpinestars, Daniese, Rev'it, Vansons actual MC line... Take your pick.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:

willyto

One Too Many
Can't add anything more to what Monitor said.

You either want armored leather jackets or vintage styled leather jackets.

You can't have both and the moment you get on the motorcycle you must accept that you're doing a risky thing. Not such thing as safe riding on a motorcycle. Sure, you must wear a full helmet (Still baffles me why people want to wear thick leather jackets, heavy engineer boots, heavy duty trousers and then they ride without gloves and an open helmet) and be well equiped but if you crash at high speed....

Powerband

Practically Family
Can't add anything more to what Monitor said.

You either want armored leather jackets or vintage styled leather jackets.

You can't have both and the moment you get on the motorcycle you must accept that you're doing a risky thing. Not such thing as safe riding on a motorcycle. Sure, you must wear a full helmet (Still baffles me why people want to wear thick leather jackets, heavy engineer boots, heavy duty trousers and then they ride without gloves and an open helmet) and be well equiped but if you crash at high speed....

Yes. I, for one, like to keep my denture and not leave it on a curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
Edward... You can simply buy the type of armor you wear over a T-shirt and under a jacket. But trust me, you'd absolutely hate wearing Aero's MC jacket off the bike if it was armored.

Heritage makers don't do armor pockets because it just doesn't work that way. You can't add armor pockets to whatever style, not without completely remaking and redesigning the pattern because believe me on this, wearing a jacket with ill fitting armor on a motorcycle is quite literally 100x more dangerous than wearing just a leather jacket. It is a huge plus that Aero doesn't do armor pockets on any of their styles. Motorcycle leather jackets are designed around armor. That's why nobody does it. They don't know how to! That's the reason not even big companies such as Schott never ventured into it, even though they certainly had the means to do so.
Proper motorcycle apparel is an industry in itself, the money and the research and development going into it is insane and doing a half-assed job and having people die out there wearing your leather jackets is something no company wants to risk.

It's really not as simple as adding a few pockets into the lining.

If you want a really safe, armored leather jacket, you absolutely must disregard your taste and go for the modern stuff. Alpinestars, Daniese, Rev'it, Vansons actual MC line... Take your pick.

Edit: Grammar

Urgh. I could never get used to the Power Ranger gear. It's hard enough to find one without logos, let alone any style.... Revit, Lewis, Goldtop and a few others are getting there, though. So far it's more 60s/70s style gear that they're working with, but it's a start.

Fonzie

One Too Many
Urgh. I could never get used to the Power Ranger gear. It's hard enough to find one without logos, let alone any style.... Revit, Lewis, Goldtop and a few others are getting there, though. So far it's more 60s/70s style gear that they're working with, but it's a start.
In case you haven’t seen this one, looks pretty cool and has a vintage vibe:
https://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/montana-jacket.html

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

Check out the riding armoured shirts, i have the knox one and it's great.
They keep the armour in place and fit great underneath most leather jacket without needing to size up.
The only annoying thing is that when you reach your destination you have to deal with one more thing to take off/store.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I stumbled across this guy (Fort Nine - Ryan) after one of Terry's videos. While the leather jacket he reviews is not a terribly special one, he does a great job with fit and features. He is a very well-spoken young man for sure. Is he on here?

Edward

Bartender
Check out the riding armoured shirts, i have the knox one and it's great.
They keep the armour in place and fit great underneath most leather jacket without needing to size up.
The only annoying thing is that when you reach your destination you have to deal with one more thing to take off/store.

Mn,I know the things you mean. Probably great for long-distance, though I'd be wary I'd just get lazy about putting it on, tbh. It's worth considering all the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana